About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 August 2016

3/4 Sleeve Tunic, or East Trace II



Imagination is a strange thing... for example, when learning at school I couldn't imagine what is electromagnetic induction, and I don't believe in any paranormal phenomena because I am sure that if something is impossible to explain, it means it was not studied enough yet. However, I can imagine easily that the things can live their own life... Of course, most likely we endow them with our own unconscious will... Well, what I am talking about.. all that is about the fabrics and other materials for handmade creativity and their wish to become useful things:-)
For instance, it happens if some fabric is bought for making a certain outfit, anything different is possible to sew in no way. But it often happens vice versa. Still being wrapped in the memories about life in the East I was looking through my stash and came across a pretty old piece of staple with paisley print. It was purchased for sewing some blouse but many years the project was postponed on unknown reasons. I guess just because that piece wanted to become this tunic instead of that blouse :-) I. e., it as if decided itself what I really wanted to make from it :-)





Туніка з рукавом 3/4, або Східний слід ІІ



Дивна річ уява... я, наприклад, навчаючись в школі, не могла уявити, що таке електромагнітна індукція, або, скажімо, не вірю в жодні паранормальні явища, бо вважаю, що якщо якійсь факт не можна пояснити, це означає, що його просто ще не достатньо вивчили. Натомість, мені легко уявити, що речі можуть жити власним життям... Хоча, звісно, ми їх наділяємо власною волею, просто вона не свідома... То про що ж це я... так це я про тканини та інші матеріали для творчості і їхнє бажання ставати прикладними речами:-)
Приміром, буває, якщо вже купиш тканину для пошиття якогось вбрання, то ніщо інше з неї зробити не вдається. А буває і навпаки. Все ще залишаючись на хвилі спогадів про життя на сході, я переглядала свої запаси тканин  і наштовхнулась на давній шматок штапелю з візерунком "пейслі". Куплений він був для пошиття певної речі, але щось ніяк не складалося багато років, мабуть цей відріз вже напевно хотів бути цією тунікою, а не тією блузкою:-) Тобто, наче сам вирішив, що мені насправді хотілося з нього зробити:-)




So, the pattern #107/108 from the special for me Burda 4/2016. I made something between two models. The tunic was cut for all the length I could afford on the fabric (and it is 10 cm shorter than the dress but much longer than the tunic in the magazine). I also added a collar and made the cuffs on the sleeves.





Отже, модель 107/108 з особливого для мене числа Burda 4/2016. Зробила щось середнє між двома зразками. Туніка покроєна на всю довжину тканини, яку я могла собі дозволити ( і це на 10 см коротше за сукню і набагато довше за туніку в журналі). Я також додала комір і зробила одвороти на рукавах.




There is nothing complex in the sewing. As my fabric very colourful, I even had an idea to refuse from the plackets and just to process the neck hole with the facing. But then changed my mind. I don't rememeber when made such a placket last time so decided to have some practice to refresh the skill. Besides, the brightness of the material lets hide the fails of this work:-)
To sew the placket start with three steps, reinforce the corners of the slit on the front, pin and baste the plackets and stitch them.



Нічого складного в пошитті немає. У мене навіть була думка замість планки обробити виріз горловини обтачками, бо тканина строката. Потім я передумала, тому що вже і не пам'ятаю, коли я таку планку робила, отож трохи практики  не завадить, щоб освіжити навик. А строкатість тканини допоможе приховати недоліки роботи:-)
Щоб зробити планку, починаємо з трьох операцій: зміцнюємо кутки розрізу передньої частини; наколюємо і наметуємо планки, потім їх настрочуємо.




Then the plackets must be joined. At this step it is worthy to check the length of the ready slit. I shortened mine for 2 cm.


Потім планки треба з'єднати. На цьому етапі варто перевірити довжину розрізу. Для себе я його скоротила на 2 см.



After the plackets turned out and stitched. The short cut must be done in the corners to the very end of the seam to arrange  neatly the short edge of the placket on the wrong side. Then stitch it right from one corner to the other.


Після того як планки вивернуті і настрочені. Треба надсікти тканину у кутках до самого кінця шва, щоб можна було як найохайніше розправити короткий край планки на вивороті. Потім прострочуємо його рівно від одного кутка до іншого.




Then the short edge can be processed either with bias binding (if you want haute couture) or overlocked (as I did) :-)


Потім короткий край планки можна обробити або косою бейкою (якщо хочеш haute couture) або просто обмітати (як зробила я) :-)




As usual, at first I sewed the inner collar to the wrong side of the neck hole, then outer collar to the right side of the neck hole. I always work in this way to avoid hand stitching as more as possible (for the plackets it is the same). But nobody obliged to follow this way and can just follow the instruction.


Як завжди, спочатку я пришила внутрішню частину коміра до виворітної сторони зрізу горловини, потім зовнішню частину - до лицевої сторони. Я так завжди роблю, щоб уникнути зайвої ручної роботи (те саме стосується і планок), але ніхто зобов'язаний це повторювати, можна все робити за інструкцією.





The side slits are made like in this shirt.
As you see on the photo, the tunic is pretty wide but it is not loose in shoulders so I wouldn't recommend to make it narrower - the comfort of the wearing can be lost.
My last earrings match greatly to the outfit.




Бокові розрізи оброблені так само як в цій блузці.Як видно на фото, туніка доволі широка, але в плечах вона не дуже вільна, тому я б не рекомендувала її звужувати, бо можна втратити комфорт під час носіння.
Чудово до вбрання підійшли і мої останні сережки.

No comments:

Post a Comment