About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

15 October 2016

Raglan Pullover, or Still Life in Berry Colours:-)


On the cover of the magazine with my pattern it reads "Time to knit" but I'd rather say it is time to wear all what has been knitted or crocheted:-) As long as I knit and crochet, I plan making warm things in summer and light things in winter and as long as I plan it, I never succeed:-) Cold weather is the only best motivation to add a couple of warm and cosy items to wardrobe and despite knitting some sweater takes much more time than sewing a dress, yet I prefer training my fingers with knitting needles at this time of year. Right now I am not such a crazy knitter as I used to be and my Ravelry page updates not so often...(I'd rather say very rarely lately)... but anyway I like to knit and  follow willingly the inspiration from weather and yarn.

Пуловер реглан, або Натюрморт в ягідних кольорах

На обкладинці журналу, в якому я знайшла мою модель, сказано, що зараз час в'язати (чи то плести) гачком і на спицях, але я б краще сказала, що зараз вже час вдягати все, що нав'язано:-) Скільки я в'яжу, стільки і планую робити теплі речі влітку, а легкі - взимку. І скільки я це планую, стільки мені це ніколи і не вдається:-) Холодна погода - це єдиний найкращий мотиватор додати двійко-трійко теплих і затишних речей до гардеробу і, хоча плетіння якогось светра займає набагато більше часу ніж пошиття сукні, все ж таки я надаю перевагу тренуванням пальців зі спицями о  цій порі. Зараз я вже не така божевільна в'язальниця, якою була декілька років тому і моя сторінка на Ravelry не так вже і часто оновлюється...(я б навіть зазначила, що останнім часом дуже рідко)..., проте я люблю в'язати і охоче слідую за натхненням від природи та пряжі.


The pullover, pattern #28 from Verena 4/2013, was cast on last October and finished only today. It doesn't mean I knitted one row every day (I guess if I did, the result would be quicker:-))... it just means I worked on it  only a couple of last  weeks. It is the second sweater from the issue. The first one, pattern #38, was made two years ago.


Петлі на пуловер, модель 28 з Verena 4/2013 були набрані ще минулого жовтня, а закінчено роботу лише сьогодні. Це не означає, що я в'язала рядок щодня (якби так було, то результат був би отриманий скоріше:-))... це лише означає, що я працювала над светром останні пару тижнів. Це другий пуловер з цього числа журналу. Перший, модель 38, я зв'язала ще два роки тому.



The used yarn is YarnArt Magic Fine which I liked a lot because of the colour style and texture. I decided to use needles number 2 to have the pullover denser and warmer. But as the yarn was bought on sale, where they had only 4 skeins of it, I couldn't match the stripes as I once was so lucky to do in this jacket. I don't care indeed because the free change of the colourful blocks is pretty useful for this sweater.




Сплетено з пряжі YarnArt Magic Fine, яка мені дуже подобається через кольорову гаму і текстуру. Я вирішила в'язати спицями №2, щоб пуловер був щільнішим і теплішим. Але оскільки я купила пряжу на розпродажі, де було всього 4 мотки, у мене не було можливості підібрати смужки так, як мені колись вдалося в цьому жакеті. Я цим не переймаюся, бо даному светрові вільне розташування кольорових блоків лише на користь.



This is a plain raglan pullover and in the magazine it has one feature - the asymmetric front hem v-cut. I omitted it as soon as imagined how annoying it would be when, knitted in stockinette stitch, it would be rolling despite all the blocking. Besides, I think instead of first few rows of purl, it would be better to make few rows of garter stitch.



Це простий пуловер реглан, який в журналі має одну особливість - асиметричний розріз у вигляді "V" по низу передньої частини. Я вирішила його не робити щойно уявила, як мені дошкулятиме його постійне скручування незважаючи на всі відпарювання, оскільки пуловер плететься панчішним візерунком. Крім того, думаю замість декількох перших виворітних рядів, краще зробити декілька рядків платочною в'язкою.


I knitted the pullover by the instruction for the size 36-38 but it matched the size 40-42 knitted with this yarn on the knitting needles 2. The yarn is pretty thick for these needles but I made what I wanted.




Я слідувала інструкції для плетіння пуловера розміру 36/38, але вона підійшла для розміру 40-42, якщо в'язати з цієї пряжі спицями 2. Пряжа для таких спиць доволі товста, але я зробила, що схотіла.



I try to knit all the symmetric details at the same time. It lets me make the same mistakes so the chance my details are identical increases a lot. Besides, if the break between the start and the finishing of knitting is pretty long, I always have the details made at the same step.



Всі симетричні деталі я намагаюся робити водночас. Це мені дозволяє робити однакові помилки і таким чином зростають шанси на те, що мої деталі будуть однаковими. До того ж, якщо перерва між початком і закінченням роботи досить велика, робота над деталями зупиняється на одному і тому ж рівні.



The best way to bind off ribs, as for me, is with a hook. Once I came across a video with that technique on Youtube and since then almost always use it.




Закривати петлі резинки, як на мене, найкраще гачком. Якось я побачила на Youtube відео з цією технікою і з того часу майже завжди нею користуюся.

Nice accessories for the sweater are this brooch and the earrings.
If to judge by the process of photographing, the sweater is warm indeed but it is not warm enough to wear it only when it  is 7 degrees above zero here :-) But I hope my positive emotions from the work yet will save me from catching a cold.

Гарні доповнення до пуловера - ця брошка і ці сережки.
Якщо судити за процесом фотографування, светр і справді теплий, але не настільки, щоб носити лише його, коли на вулиці +7:-) Тож сподіваюся мої позитивні емоції від цієї роботи все ж таки врятують мене від застуди.

No comments:

Post a Comment