About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

18 October 2016

Cactus Hat:-)



I like cactuses... probably since the time when many years ago my brother said that if there were a flower in the world to be associated with me it was a cactus. It was not very pleasant to hear but then I remembered cactuses were the only flowers he had grown on the window-sill in his room being a teenager. And it let me think that to remind a cactus is not so bad generally:-)


Шапка "Кактус":-)

Мені подобаються кактуси... мабуть з того часу, як мій брат багато років тому сказав, що якщо у світі і існує квітка, з якою мене можна асоціювати, то це - кактус. Не так вже і приємно було це почути, але потім я згадала, що кактуси були єдині квіти, які він вирощував на підвіконні у своїй кімнаті, коли був школярем. Тож я вирішила, що нагадувати кактус не так вже і погано:-)




A hat is one of the most conflicting item in a wardrobe. The main contradictions are: firstly, probably there is no woman, who had never said any hat (especially knitted or crocheted) suited her - on the other hand, something should be put on the head anyway not to be cold; secondly, if the hat is light and nice - it is cold for winter and it means either beauty and flu or warmth and discomfort must be chosen. I suppose somebody isn't cold indeed but I am. So as long as I knit and crochet as long I experiment if I get a good result. It seems to me this try is good enough although the hat reminds a cactus with shape:-)




Шапка - це один з найсуперечливіших предметів гардеробу. Головні протиріччя: по-перше, мабуть немає жінки, яка б не стверджувала, що шапки (особливо в'язані) їй не личать, а з іншого боку, все одно щось треба вдягати на голову, щоб не мерзнути; по-друге, якщо шапка гарна і легенька - в ній холодно взимку, тобто обираємо або красу і нежить, або тепло і незручність. Можливо хтось і справді не мерзне, а я - так. Тому скільки в'яжу, стільки і досліджую, чи вийде щось з чергового експерименту. З цієї спроби здається вийшло непогано, хоча шапка своєю формою і нагадує кактус:-)


The initial plan was to make this Ridged Hat that I saw on +Yarnspirations.  But after finishing the main work I refused from making a visor on the simple reason that it was late yesterdays to add it and I was going to put the hat on the next day in the morning. And when today came, I decided I like the hat the way it is enough:-) 
To make a hat Nako Sport Wool was chosen. The hat is crocheted with two threads, the hook 9 mm (M/N).
It is a quick project although to crochet two threads of bulky yarn with such a thick hook is not a pleasure indeed. And I actually believe the things made only with thin knitting needles and hooks can look elegant and smart but, remember!, the hat must be warm! So doubts aside, besides, the process is a good practice to crochet dcfp and dcbp.



Спочатку планувалося зв'язати цю Ridged Hat, яку я побачила на сайті  +Yarnspirations. Але по закінченні роботи над основною частиною, я відмовилася дов'язувати козирок з тієї простої причини, що вчора ввечері робити це вже було запізно, а я збиралася вранці вдягати шапку. А коли настало сьогодні, я вирішила, що шапка мені і так подобається:-) 
Для роботи було обрано пряжу Nako Sport Wool. Шапку сплетено в дві нитки гачком №9. 
Це швидкий проект хоча в'язання товстим гачком товстої пряжі в дві нитки не дуже велике задоволення. До того ж я переконана, що речі зв'язані лише тонкими спицями і гачками можуть виглядати елегантно і вишукано, але ж, пам'ятаємо!, шапка має бути теплою! Отже сумніви - геть, крім того, процес роботи - гарна практика відпрацювати рельєфні стовпчики (увігнуті та опуклі).



And the pattern seemed to be clear until the 4th row where it reads "1 dcfp around next dcfp 2 dcbp around next dcbp. 1 dcbp around next dcbp"  but you cannot follow this as in the previous row it was crocheted 1 dcfp, 1 dcbp alternately. Besides, without two dcpb the piece after the third row looks strangely domed (on the first photo). So in the 3d row I crocheted 1 dcfp, 2 dcbp and then go on after the instruction (the second row).

Я не можу перекладати тут інструкцію, щоб не порушити авторське право, але можу дати переклад загальних термінів плетіння гачком, які використовуються в англомовних інструкціях (тут американський варіант термінів, британський відрізняється):
sc - стовпчик без накиду;
dc - стовпчик з одним накидом;
sl st - напівстовпчик (з'єднувальний);
dcfp - рельєфний (опуклий) стовпчик;
dcbp - рельєфний (увігнутий) стовпчик.


And thus in the 6th row I already had 40 stitches. 
My 7th row became the 9th so I added no dsbp in my 8th and 9th rows. The 10th row is missed and but if anybody like me didn't pay attention to it, she understands it when starting decreasing in the 15th row where they say the crocheter has 6 dsbp instead of five which I had. After that the I unpicked four rows and crocheted the 10th row with increasing of dsbp. Then go on again to be able to decrease in the 15th row according to the instruction.
I also didn't change the number of the hook for the smaller for the last row otherwise the hat would fit tight.

I tried the hat on both on the right and wrong size and it looks well anyway but in the latter way it  mostly reminds a pumpkin:-)

Шапку можна носити і на лицеву і на виворітну сторону, я приміряла, виглядає гарно тільки  в другому випадку вже більше нагадує гарбуз:-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment