About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

9 October 2016

Chrysanthemum Brooch


I like chrysanthemums very much... Their refined and durable beauty, their resistance to any bad weather, their aroma, which is so tart and mature as if it absorbed  the scents of all the seasons together in itself - all mixed and combined very harmonically. And it is quite hard to say "good bye" to their beauty because after their fading the hope for warm and sunny days disappears. So not to be put into the depression either literally or figuratively by this time of year, let's try to prolong chrtsanthemums' bloom:-)

Брошка "Хризантема"

Дуже люблю хризантеми... Їхня вишукана і стійка краса, протидія будь який негоді, їхній аромат - такий терпкий і зрілий, наче увібрав у себе всі пахощі року одразу - все поєднується так гармонійно. Квіти, з красою яких не хочеться прощатися, бо щойно зів'януть - зникне і надія на теплі і сонячні дні. І так доречно, що їхня пора наступає саме зараз. Тож, щоб цей час не заганяв в депресію ані буквально, ані  фігурально, спробуємо подовжити цвітіння хризантем.



The project was enjoyable both with the result and process because started from the simple idea to use Preciosa Solo, or Super Uno beads as for the centre of the ring as I saw in this tutorial. But surprisingly it was finished with creating of my own brooch and ring, that needed no Solo at all :-)
So, to start my beading improvisation I gathered all the purple materials I have.


Проект порадував і результатом і процесом, тому що розпочався з простої ідеї використати Preciosa Solo (або Super Uno) як для серединки каблучки в цьому МК. Але, і це мене завжди дивує, закінчився створенням власної брошки і каблучки, в якому ті  Solo і не знадобилися:-)
Отже, щоб розпочати мою імпровізацію з намистинам, спочатку зібрала всі фіолетові матеріали, які в мене є.



The ring in the mentioned tutorial has petals from beads. I had nothing in common in my stash so just decided to bead the petals from different seed beads. One more pleasant surprise with the project - I used only stashed materials and bought nothing new for it (it is a wow moment indeed:-))
The first step required 8/0 and triangles. To make the petals I chose herringbone technique, started the beading right from the brooch base.



Каблучка у вище згаданому МК має пелюстки з намистин. У мене нічого схожого не було, тому я вирішила просто сплести пелюстки з бісеру. Ще один приємний сюрприз проекту - використала лише матеріали з запасів і нічого не докупала (це вже і справді сюрприз:-))
Перший етап задіяв бісер 8/0 та трикутний. Пелюстки сплетені технікою ндебеле, нанизувала прямо з основи для брошки.





After the first row of the petals was ready, finished them with 3 mm round crystals.



Після того, як перший ряд пелюсток був готовий, додала 3 мм кристали для оздоблення.



On this stage the flower was not very thick so I added one more row of the same petals but beaded them under the first row. On the photo all the row is from triangle seed beads but when it was ready, I changed my mind and re-made from the 8/0 and two green cut beads. Green - because it occurred to me it could be in use if I suddenly wanted to add some leaves to the flower later.



На цьому етапі квітка не була достатньо пишною, тому я додала ще один ряд пелюсток, але нанизувала їх під перший ряд. На фото цей ряд з трикутного бісеру, але коли він був готовий, я передумала і переробила його з основного бісеру 8/0 і двох бісерин зеленої рубки. Зеленої - тому що подумала, раптом мені згодом захочеться додати якесь листя до квітки, то початок вже є.




Next is inside row of the petals. It is started with triangle seed beads and continued with 8/0. It is beaded shorter and finished with arches form one 15/0 seed bead, one 10/0 seed bead and one 15/0.




Наступний - внутрішній ряд пелюсток. Він починається з трикутного бісеру, потім продовжений 8/0. Сплетений коротшим, закінчила його арками з трьох бісерин - 15/0, 10/0 і 15/0.




The last stage of the brooch beading - fill in the centre with solo (super uno). The way is free. I added both by one/two solos and with 10/0 seed beads underneath.



Останній етап нанизування - заповнення серединки квітки супер уно (соло). Спосіб вільний. Я додавала і по одній/дві намистині соло і з 10/0 під них.





To have the brooch ready glued the piece of thick fabric to the brooch base and then the pin.



Для повної готовності брошки наклеїла шматочок товстої тканини до основи і потім застібку.


The ring and the brooch created a nice, delicate (the brooch is only about 5 cm in diameter) and pretty universal set that matches a lot of outfits. The items can be worn separately as well and I think both of them will look good with these earrings.
So happy, long and beautiful chrysanthemum season to all of us:-)




Каблучка і брошка утворили гарний делікатний (брошка лише біля 5 см в діаметрі) і доволі універсальний набір, який пасуватиме до багатьох речей. Предмети можна носити і окремо і думаю обидва добро підійдуть до цих сережок.
Отже, щасливої, довгої і прекрасної усім нам пори цвітіння хризантем:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment