About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

7 December 2016

Starry Night Earrings




The idea for the new jewellery project was swirling around my mind exactly like the spirals in the sky in the picture... I only had to catch it to put in the definite shape. So when in our local store I suddenly saw a reproduction of Van Gogh's painting to embroider with seed beads, I decided it was the sign and bought it at once:-) The initial idea transformed into the earrings pretty quickly after I started working on the picture so I guess while going on with embroidering, the earrings will get the companions as well:-)




Сережки "Зіркова ніч" 



Ідея для нового набору прикрас кружляла навколо мене так само як вихор серед неба на картині... Мені лише треба було вхопити її, щоб надати певну форму. Тому, коли в нашій місцевій крамниці я побачила  репродукцію картини Ван Гога для вишивання бісером, я подумала, що це - знак і одразу її купила:-) Початкова ідея набула конкретних рис і перетворилася на сережки доволі швидко щойно я почала працювати над вишивкою, тому маю підозру, що поки продовжуватиму вишивати, сережки отримають собі компанію:-)





The earrings are compiled with three elements: bezeled 8 mm chaton, and 12 mm rivoli and a drop.
To bezel the chaton I followed this tutorial from +Jill Wiseman. To bezel the rivoli I started with the same 12 seed beads but then added the rays of five seed beads. Besides, I substituted the bicones for 8.0 and added 15.0, 8.0, 15.0 instead. The rivoli has no 15.0: all is the same but made only with 10.0 and 8.0.
To join the elements I tried a couple of variants but finally used loops from 15.0 and a ring (a drop) and 15.0 and 8.0 to join the rivoli and the chaton.





Сережки складаються з трьох елементів: обплетених шатона 8мм і ріволі 12 мм та краплі-підвіски. Шатон був обплетений за цим МК від +Jill Wiseman. Щоб обплести ріволі, я почала з тих самих 12 бісерин, але потім додала "промінці" з п'яти бісерин. Крім того, біконусів у мене не було, тому я їх замінила бісером 8.0 і натомість додавала 15.0, 8.0, 15.0. Для ріволі  бісер15.0 не використовувався, все зроблено те саме, але бісером 10.0 і 8.0.
ЩОб зєднати елементи, я пробувала різні варіанти, але зрештою зробила це петлею з бісеру 15.0 і кільцем (крапля) і бісером 15.0 і 8.0 для шатона і ріволі.





The picture can't but inspire so let all of us have a starry night with starry dreams:-)


Картина не може не надихати, тож зіркової всім ночі і зіркових снів:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment