About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

3 December 2016

Seed Bead Embroidery, or Unlooked-for Romance

This picture is the second of those mentioned ones I've got as gifts on different occasions. The first one was my undoubted favourite so I embroidered it quite enthusiastically and quickly. This one I didn't like at all mostly because I avoid surrounding myself with the images of unknown people even if they just embody some emotions or feeling without implying a certain person. But not to offend the presenter I started working on it. And while embroidering I followed the advice they give in clever psychological books about doing the things you don't want but must, i.e. find something pleasant in the process or in its aim... Practically it means if you go to the dentist, think about the moment of enjoyment when the visit is over (it's my favourite example:-)) As for the picture, I tried to find out what yet attracts me in it. 
The first point of our reconciliation became bright and merry umbrellas, they are surely the main colour accent of the picture and give it cheerfulness. The second moment - the plot. The couple on the foreground is not interesting - everything is clear here and, depending on the mood, I only can be either happy at their hugs and kisses or envious :-) The man in a pink shirt is probably just cold and wants to get his destination as quick as possible... So the most interesting characters are the girl on the right and the guy on the left of the main heroes. Their presence feeds imagination and evokes some wondering... if their umbrellas will suddenly encounter and they stop... if their eyes will meet and they'll smile to each other... if he won't be worrying and if she'll feel unprejudiced about him... And if they change the way of the walk, what umbrella they'll choose when going together...


Вишивка бісером, або Несподівана романтика


Ця картина - друга з тих, про які я згадувала як про дарунки з різних нагод. Перша була моїм безсумнівним фаворитом і я вишила її з великим ентузіазмом та досить швидко. Ця мені зовсім не сподобалась переважно через те, що я не люблю оточувати себе зображеннями незнайомих людей, навіть якщо вони просто образно втілюють якісь емоції чи почуття без жодного натяку на певну особу. Але, щоб не ображати дарувальника, я почала над нею працювати. І поки вишивала, слідувала пораді з розумних книжок з психології щодо невідворотності виконання справ, які робити не хочеться, але треба, а саме - знайди задоволення в самому процесі або в його меті... На практиці це означає, що коли ідеш до дантиста, уявляй, який будеш щасливий, коли залишиш його кабінет (мій улюблений приклад :-)) Щодо картини, я намагалася віднайти, що ж все ж таки мене в ній приваблює. 
Першим пунктом примирення стали веселі яскраві парасольки, які є головним кольоровим акцентом картини і надають їй певну жвавість. Другий момент - сюжет. Пара на передньому плані нецікава, з ними все зрозуміло і, залежно від настрою, я можу або радіти їхнім обіймам і поцілункам або заздрити:-) Чоловік у рожевій сорочці вочевидь змерз і просто хоче якнайшвидше дістатися свого місця призначення... Найцікавіші тут - хлопець ліворуч і дівчина праворуч від головних героїв. Їхня присутність живить уяву та пробуджує цікавість.... Чи їхні парасольки зіштовхнуться і вони зупиняться... Чи зазирнуть вони одне одному в очі і посміхнуться... Чи не буде він хвилюватися та чи почуватиметься вона неупередженою щодо нього... І якщо вони змінять напрямок руху, яку парасольку оберуть, коли йтимуть разом...

No comments:

Post a Comment