About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

6 January 2017

Crocheted Furry Cuffs, or Theatre Dress




Once upon a time when I was a small girl  and only learned to understand what is style and taste, in an old fashion magazine (in direct sense "old" because my childhood belongs to the 70ths and the issue was from the 60ths but in that time I was happy to look through any one) I read an article with the tips as for the dresses being sewed purposely to go to the theatres. Something about how to choose such clothes, what accessory to match and so on. Of course, the article was accompanied with the photos as well and on one of them I saw the outfit with fur cuffs. Probably they impressed me so much that I still remember that picture. Time passed, I grew up, learned to sew and made a lot of clothes both  for myself and for the clients but never used such accessory as furry cuffs for dresses. And recently I have seen the same idea in my Burda's friend Mary Athey's project. My childish admiration arose at once and I decided to apply the idea for one of my next items. What is my logic is hard to say, but not having a dress yet, I've already got the cuffs:-))


Плетені хутряні манжети, або Сукня для театру


Колись давно, коли я була маленькою дівчинкою і лише вчилася розуміти, що таке стиль і смак, в одному старому журналі мод ("старому" в прямому сенсі, тому що моє дитинство належить до 70-х, а журнал був з 60-х, але в ті часи я радo переглядала будь який) я читала статтю з порадами щодо суконь, які шиють спеціально для відвідування театрів. Щось про те, як такий обирати, як підібрати відповідні доповнення і таке інше. Звісно, стаття супроводжувалася світлинами і на одній з них я побачила вбрання з хутряними манжетами. Вірогідно вони мене настільки вразили, що я і досі пам'ятаю те фото. Час минув, я виросла, навчилася шити і створила багато одягу і для себе і для клієнтів, але ніколи не використовувала таке оздоблення як хутряні манжети для сукні. І ось нещодавно я побачила таку саму ідею в проекті моєї подруги по сайту Burda Mary Athey. Моє дитяче захоплення одразу ж воскресло і я вирішила застосувати цю ідею в одному з майбутніх уборів. Якій логіці я підкорилася, важко сказати, але ще не маючи сукні, манжети вже маю:-)



It is very quickly to make. No more than an hour for all the work and I call it a project:-) I decided to crochet the cuffs from furry yarn. Once I crocheted a cape from the alike yarn so knew that three threads is the right choice to get almost real faux fur look. Crocheted a stripes 22 stitches x 7 rows then sewed them.
Obviously I made them not just to play with the yarn and hook. They are meant to be for this dress:-)



Робиться це дуже швидко. Не більше години на всю роботу і  це я називаю проектом:-) Вирішила сплести манжети гачком. Колись плела столу зі схожої пряжі тож, щоб отримати майже справжній вигляд штучного хутра нитку складала в троє. Сплела дві смужки розміром 22 петлі на 7 рядів. Потім зшила їх.
Вочевидь я їх зробила не просто заради вправ з гачком і пряжею. Вони призначені для цієї сукні:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment