About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 June 2017

Simple Top, or Occasional Sewing

On Sunday I had a chance to visit the Museum of Interesting Science in Odesa. The city is not far from mine so there is no much preparation to go there for one day. As long as I sew, any occasion for me is the reason to add something new to the wardrobe. Sometimes I ignore that because not always have enough time for sewing and, actually, have enough clothes for any occasion.  Right because of the latter I yet need some push once in a while to follow my calling :-) But more often I use such opportunities because, fortunately or unfortunately, sewing is my hobby from my childhood and I just can't but do it either I have a reason or not :-)
The photo from the museum shows how we perceive the world when being 2 years old. I must confess to be two years old is not simple but very interesting:-)




Простий топ, або Пошиття з нагоди

У неділю мені випало відвідати Музей Цікавої Науки в Одесі. Це місто розташовано недалеко від мого, тому не треба довго готуватися, щоб туди поїхати на один день. Скільки я шию, будь який випадок є для мене нагодою додати щось нове до гардеробу. Іноді я нехтую такою нагодою через брак часу на пошиття, а іноді через те, що у мене достатньо одягу на будь який випадок. І якраз через останню причину коли-не-коли мене не завадить трохи підштовхувати, щоб я слідувала своєму покликанню:-) Але частіше я використовую такі нагоди тому, що, на щастя чи на жаль, шиття - моє захоплення з дитинства і я просто не можу цим не займатися чи є якась нагода для цього чи ні:-)
Фото з музею демонструє як ми сприймаємо світ, коли нам два роки. Мушу зізнатися бути дворічною дитиною важко, але цікаво:-)




Quick sewing is always rewarding because of using minimum time. This time I used the pattern Simplisity 6194 from Diana Moden 3/4 2014 (Ukrainian edition). The top is sewed with cottom embroideried cambric.
It is the second item I made from the issue. Much earlier I made this dress from it.
The necklace and the earrings are nice accessories for the outfit.Despite I made them last year, it was purposely for this top that was just a plan at that time:-)


Швидке пошиття завжди винагорода, тому що потребує мало часу. Цього разу я використала модель Simplisity 6194 з Diana Moden 3/4 2014 (українське видання). Топ пошито з вишитого бавовняного батисту.
Це друга модель з того випуску. Набагато раніше я пошила з нього цю сукню.
Намисто і сережки - гарне доповнення до вбрання. Я їх хоча і зробила минулого року, але навмисно до цього топу, який тоді ще був лише запланований:-)





As for the sewing itself there is not much to tell because I followed the instruction which is very clear. The only thing I change - the processing of the neck hole because my bias stripe was sewed of few pieces and I didn't want the seams were seen.  So at first I stitched it to the right side of the top and then to the wrong.

Що до самого пошиття, тут розповідати небагато, тому що я все робила за зрозумілою інструкцією. Єдине, у мене коса бійка вийшла з клаптиків, тому, щоб шви не було видно, я її спочатку пристрочила до лицьової сторони, а потім - до зворотньої.










The skirt is not new, made few years ago, the details are here.
That seemd to be all:-)


Спідниця не нова, пошита декілька років тому, більше можна побачити тут.
Це, здається, і все:-)



No comments:

Post a Comment