About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

9 June 2017

Shaped CRAW Bracelet



It is worth saying that apart from the projects made by my own designs, this new piece is one of the most intricate patterns I've  made. This new bracelet is beaded in CRAW technique. I have already made a simple CRAW rope and a couple of CRAW bracelets: simple and not simple at all :-)  This time I tried to make a bracelet with 3D effect, it means it is shaped, consists of five double layered motifs. It was interesting indeed to work on it and I'd love to go on developing my skills in this technique. 
The bracelet made by Gabi Gueck design from Beadwork February/March 2013.
The bracelet meant to be an accessory to this dress. But since my deep plunging into beading, it is the rare occasion when the dress was ready much earlier than the matching jewellery. At least I am almost on time to the summer dresses season:-)



Об'ємний браслет в техніці  CRAW


Техніка, в якій сплетений цей новий браслет у нас не називається CRAW, але переклад її назви - право-кутне плетіння - якнайкраще відповідає її сутності, тож я її так і називатиму (хоча слова "правокутний" може і немає, то буде :-)).  
Якщо оминути прикраси, виконані за моїм власним дизайном, цей браслет можна назвати однією з найбільш хитромудрих моделей, яку я робила. В цій техніці вже колись був виконаний простий джгут і пара браслетів: простий і зовсім непростий :-) Цього разу я спробувала нанизати об'ємну модель, це означає, що виріб має певну геометричну форму і складається з п'яти двошарових мотивів. Це було справді цікаво і я із задоволенням продовжу практикуватися в цій техніці. Модель браслета за дизайном Gabi Gueck з журналу Beadwork лютий/березень 2013.
Виріб призначався аксесуаром до цієї сукні. Але з часу мого глибокого занурення у виготовлення прикрас, це той рідкісний випадок, коли вбрання було пошито набагато раніше за відповідну прикрасу. Принаймні, я встигла до сезону носіння літніх суконь :-)



The scheme in the magazine is clear so I just followed it. Made five motifs and connected them in a bracelet. But I didn't have 3 mm bicones so added 4 mm and they are bigger than it needed. For the clasp bars I made only one cube of CRAW to shorten the bracelet.
I also broke the pattern when stitching the pearls but only noticed that after finishing the bracelet. So left them as they are.



Схема в журналі зрозуміла, тому я просто все робила за інструкцією. Нанизала 5 мотивів і з'єднала їх в браслет. Тільки у мене не було біконусів 3 мм, тож я додала 4 мм і вони таки завеликі. Для застібки я нанизала лише один кубик CRAW, щоб зробити браслет трохи коротшим.
Також пару раз я збилася зі схеми поки додавала перлини, але помітила це, коли браслет вже був готовий, тож залишила як є.

2 comments:

  1. Very Nice bracelet. I AM unhappy that's I have no boom of magazine in my countrymuziek.

    ReplyDelete