About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

30 December 2017

Rectangle Rivoli Earrings, or Mulled Wine



"The day was good for photographing but very freshening, I'd rather say too much. So instead of beer the drink of the day was mulled wine...
After drinking of which it became obvious why in some restaurants they have long benches instead of chairs :-))"
These words are accompanying my photo of a glass of mulled wine (Gluhwein and we call it Glintwein here) I tasted few years ago in Cesky Krumlov on a chilly day in the middle of summer. A magic place indeed and the beverage suited the atmosphere of the town and the weather. Except the obvious usefulness of the hot wine on cold days I also enjoy its  aroma, viscous and decoying, because am fond of spices, and the deep Bordeaux colour :-) 
The end of year for me is always the best time to remember nice things happened in my life. It doesn't the matter if they are recent or went some time ago. So when I decided I wanted to bezel a rectangle rivoli, the choice of its colour was, no doubt, spelled by that recollection. 
On wearing such a pair of earrings I guess it is easy to imagine myself a nice lady walking around those picturesque streets and window shopping :-) 

Сережки з прямокутним ріволі "Глінтвейн"

"День був гарний для фотозйомки, але вже дуже свіжий, я б навіть сказала аж занадто. Тому напоєм дня стало не пиво, а глінтвейн...
Після того, як його було випито, стало зрозуміло, чому у них в деяких ресторанах замість стільців стоять лавки :-))"
Ці слова супроводжують моє фото склянки з глінтвейном (німецькою виявляється Gluhwein, звучить так собі, а англійською ще не цікавіше:-)), який я смакувала декілька років тому у Чеському Крумлові прохолодної днини в середині літа. Місце справді чарівне і напій дуже пасував атмосфері містечка і погоді. Крім очевидної користі гарячого вина у холодний день я ще полюбляю його аромат, тягучий і оманливий, бо повернута на спеціях, а також  колір, глибокий бордо :-)
Кінець року для мене завжди найкращий час, щоб згадати приємні речі, які траплялися в моєму житті, і їхня давність не має значення.Тому, коли я вирішила спробувати оплести прямокутний ріволі, вибір кольору був навіяний саме цим спогадом.
Вдягнувши таку пару сережок, думаю доволі легко уявити себе милою пані, яка прогулюється тими мальовничими вуличками і витріщається на вітрини колоритних крамничок...:-)



The idea of the earrings belongs to +Erika and I used this tutorial but modified the pattern to some degree. I wanted to emphasise the shape of the rivoli 8/0 seed beads were substituted for 3 mm firepolished. It led to the substitution some pearls for 4 mm firepolished beads. I also refused from one repeat of seed beads arch.



Ідея сережок належить +Erika і я користувалася цим майстер класом, але до певної міри змінила модель. Щоб підкреслити форму ріволі, бісер 8/0 був замінений на намистини firepolished 3 мм. А це призвело до необхідності замінити декілька перлів на firepolished 4 мм. Також я відмовилася від одного повтору бісерних арок.

No comments:

Post a Comment