About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

17 March 2018

Downtown Hat


Today we had 17 degrees above zero... And then why did I spend the whole day, full of the sunlight and warmth, knitting the new hat? A good question indeed, I asked it to myself, too :-)
The story is not long but I have it anyway. On Thursday, when leaving school to go home, I thought that I have only pink hats to pair my coat and it is the reason why I make and wear only pink/lilac scarves with my blue coat. And if I had a blue hat, I could wear the scarves of any colour I want. It doesn't mean I have those scarves,... it was just a fleeting idea about possible choices :-) And it happened in about ten or fifteen minutes I found myself in the nearest hobby store buying two kinds of yarn to knit a blue hat. And more than that I started the work as soon as was free in the evening!
The pattern Downtown by Annie Cholewa has been on my mind probably since the times I registered on Ravelry. The Night Spark Flower brooch became the perfect accessory for the item. From the first sight I was sure the hat would suit me. And it really is. And it is blue :-) 


Шапка "Downtown"

Сьогодні у нас було +17 С... І чому ж тоді я провела цілий день, наповнений сонячним світлом і теплом, вив'язуючи нову шапку? Справді гарне питання, мене воно теж дуже цікавило :-)
Історія коротка, але вона у мене, як водиться, все ж таки є. У четвер, вирушаючи додому зі школи, я подумала, що маю лише рожеві шапки і тому в'яжу і надіваю лише рожеві/бузкові шарфи з моїм синім пальто. А от якби у мене була синя шапка, я б могла надівати які завгодно шарфи. Це не означає, що ті шарфи у мене є,... це була просто швидкоплинна думка :-)  І десь через десять-п'ятнадцять хвилин я опинилася в найближчий крамниці для рукотврниць, де купувала синю пряжу двох видів, щоб сплести синю шапку. І більше того, роботу почала того ж вечора щойно звільнившись від справ!
Модель Downtown від Annie Cholewa не залишала моїх думок мабуть з часів реєстрації на Ravelry. Брошка "Нічна іскриста квітка" стала гарним доповненням до виробу. З першого погляду я була впевнена, що шапка мені личитиме. І так воно і є. І вона синя :-)



The hat is knitted with two threads with 3.0 knitting needles. I had different gauge: 21 stitches x 30 rows. But to save some loose in the main part I started to knit the biggest size.



Шапку сплетено у дві нитки на спицях № 3. У мене інша щільність плетіння, але, щоб зберегти певний об'єм в основній частині, почала роботу з найбільшого розміру.




Before starting knitting the ribs I decreased 20 stitches. 



Перед тим як починати в'язати "реберця", зменшила кількість петель на 20. 





Instead of 2 x 2 ribs I knitted 1 x 1 because it is more elastic. I like the effect of changed colours so to knit the brim cut the Alize yarn and then went on with two threads of Ram.
To add some curve to the top of the hat after finishing the work I steamed the hat along the initial square to stretch it a little.


Замість "реберець" 2 х 2 в'язала 1 х 1, тому що останні більш еластичні. Мені подобається ефект зміненого кольору, тому щоб плести криси відрізала нитку Alize і продовжила роботу двома нитками Ram. 
Щоб додати трохи вигину дну шапки, по закінченню роботи трохи відпарувала  її уздовж початкового квадрату, щоб трохи його розтягнути.

No comments:

Post a Comment