About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

3 March 2018

Angel's Feather Brooch

I surely liked to play Snow Queen :-) (By the way, it was the only role I used to play in a School Drama club. No, not because I was a bad actress... I was about ten years old then so it was not very actual, I guess. That Drama club worked only one season... at least before our family moved to other place. Well, all that is out of this post's theme anyway:-)) Not to waste the happy moments of inspiration I went on with my angel's feathers and made a brooch to get the set with the earrings. I wanted to make something original.. unexpected to avoid the predictable shape of the wing. Probably that's why the outcome mostly reminds some kind of a winter medal... Maybe even from Snow Queen... So what? I like it :-)

Брошка "Перо Янгола"

Бачу, мені сподобалося гратися в Снігову королеву:-) (До речі, це була єдина роль яку я колись зіграла в шкільному драматичному гуртку. Ні, не тому що я була погана акторка... Мені тоді було років десять, тому, гадаю, це було не так вже і важливо. Той гурток проіснував лише один сезон... принаймні до того як наша родина переїхала в інше місце. Зрештою, це ніяк не стосується теми допису:-)) Щоб не витрачати щасливі моменти натхнення, я продовжила з моїм пір'ям янгола і зробила брошку в пару до сережок. Хотілося зробити щось оригінальне... несподіване і уникнути передбачуваної форми крила. Мабуть тому результат більше нагадує якійсь зимовий орден... може і від Снігової Королеви... То й що? Мені подобається:-)



As it was clear from the previous post, I bezeled five rivolis of the same shape and size. Two of them were used for the earrings and today I just sewed the rest three together to form a brooch. Despite my experience I am still surprised how much time it always takes to sew the ready details... For example, this time it took half a day! Just think, to sew three rivolis and add three bicones and the dangle.


З попереднього допису видно, що я оплела п'ять однакових за формою і розміром ріволі. два з них пішло на сережки, а три останніх я сьогодні зшила разом щоб утворилася брошка.Незважаючи на мій досвід мене все ще дивує як багато часу витрачається на зшивання готових елементів... наприклад цього разу на це пішло пів дня! Лише подумати, на те щоб з'єднати три ріволі, додати біконуси і підвіску.

No comments:

Post a Comment