About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

11 March 2018

Pleated Blouse, or When Estrogen and Age Take Theirs



The preliminary inspirational story to my today's project is quite intimate and not the one to talk too loudly and too public. But what can I do as it is true?:-)
Saying in brief, during last year I gained almost five kilogrammes of weight (it is about 11 pounds), not the thing to be proud of...  It does make me upset but only to the level of my ability to wear the clothes I made during last years. Because I already had such weight and used to lost even more about 7-8 years ago. Fortunately, in my wardrobe, if to look for very well, any sizes of clothes could be found:-) And I  found one of my favourite skirts that I hadn't worn for few years. Actually, I brought it to light to pair with my Stone Flower sweater but then I thought it would be good to have something else to match the skirt. And it was a very appropriate thought because since New Year's day I've been lucky to work in a very warm classroom so can afford to wear light blouses. And it is the case when done is as quick as said :-) So here it is, my new blouse on me. And, by accident, my old vest caught my eye as well. It seems not to spoil the outfit either :-)


All about the earrings is here, about the skirt and vest is here.


Блузка зі складками, або Коли естроген та вік беруть своє


Вступ про натхнення до мого сьогоднішнього проекту доволі інтимний і не той, який варто обговорювати аж занадто гучно та широкою громадськістю. Але що я можу зробити, якщо це - правда?:-)

Якщо коротко казати, то за минулий рік я набрала майже п'ять кілограмів ваги, і це не те, чим варто пишатися... Мене цей факт і справді засмучує, але лише до рівня моєї здатності носити одяг пошитий за останні роки. Тому що у мене вже така вага була, я колись скинула навіть більше десь років 7-8 тому. На щастя, у мене в шафі можна знайти речі будь якого розміру:-) І я витягла на світ божий свою стару спідницю (одну з улюблених), яку не вдягала вже декілька років. Насправді я її знайшла, щоб носити з цим моїм светром Кам'яна квітка, але потім подумала, що непогано було б мати ще щось гоже до спідниці. Цілком слушна ідея, тому що з Нового року мені пощастило працювати в дуже теплому кабінеті, в якому можна собі дозволити носити легкі блузки. А саме пошиття - це той рідкісний випадок, коли зроблено так само швидко як і сказано:-) І ось вона на мені, моя нова блузка. Вже зовсім випадково на очі мені потрапила ще і стара жилетка. І, здається, вона теж не псує вбрання:-)

Все про сережки тут, про спідницю та жилетку тут.




The blouse is pattern #111/112 from Burda 11/2017. The modifications are different only in length. To make the blouse I chose the fabric with necktie print, at least we name them here in this way... or named as I mostly used old terms and maybe nowadays it sounds differently :-)
The pleats in the middle of the front drew my attention as well as the pleats on the sleeves, these last ones create the effect of tucked up sleeves. The same effect has this blouse but only because of the draft. As my fabric is quite pied and dotty I had some doubts if the pleats would be seen. But they are.







Блузка - модель 111/112 з Burda 11/2017. Модифікації відрізняються лише довжиною. Для пошиття я обрала тканину з краватковим візерунком.. якщо він і досі так називається бо я користуюся старими термінами і можливо, зараз це звучить на інший лад :-)
І складки по середині переду і на рукавах одразу привернули мою увагу. Складки на рукавах створюють ефект підтягнутого рукава. Такий самий ефект має ця блузка, але просто завдяки конструкції. Оскільки моя тканина строката і ряба, у мене були сумніви чи будуть ті складки помітні. Але вони помітні. 





The blouse is easy to make so I surely recommend it  even to the beginners.
To cut the fabric it is desirable to check the print not to break the diagonals.
The back slit was shortened, it is just an element of the design because the neck hole is big enough to put the blouse on without  that.
I also saw no need to make the fabric loop (how to turn it out, there's a video here) and made an airy one one instead.




Блузка проста у пошитті тому можу рекомендувати її навіть початківцям.
Коли кроїмо, бажано перевірити візерунок, щоб не зрушити діагоналі.
Розріз по спинці я вкоротила, це лише деталь дизайну, тому що горловина достатньо велика, щоб надягати блузку і без неї.
Також я не побачила необхідності робити петлю з тканини (як її вивертати, тут є відео), а замінила її на повітряну.




The neck hole was processed with the bias binding. The technology is well known but I started from stitching the pipe to the wrong side of the blouse, then bent it and stitched to the right side.



Виріз горловини обробила косим кантом. Технологія добре відома, але я спочатку настрочила кант на зворотню сторону блузки, а потім - на лицеву.






The cuffs were sewed at first to the wrong side and then to the right side of the sleeve as well.



Манжети було теж спочатку пришито до зворотньої сторони рукава, а потім - до лицевої.


No comments:

Post a Comment