About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 May 2018

Grey Trousers, or It's Better Late Than...


The fabric for these trousers was bought together with the corduroy used for this dress. With certain difference the story repeated here again. (Probably it was the day when everything was not what it seemed  to be and the fabrics had the problems with self-identity in their world :-)). I remember that I liked the quality and the price of the fabric but couldn't decide if I wanted  it for a skirt or for trousers so bought enough to sew any of them. Then the choice was done and the trousers was cut... But if one, who lives in my locality and is going to sew woollen trousers, cuts them in April but then cannot finish the project at once on any reasons, must have in mind that such postponing can lead to the necessity to sew shorts instead of the pants. Last years we almost have no time to enjoy spring here, it passes so quickly that summer seems to come right after winter. It was exactly the case this time. But I do hate UFO's (UnFinished Objects) and mostly don't start anything new until the previous project is done. My shirt already moved the trousers so not to loose interest in this project at all, I yet came back to it yesterday in the morning to have it ready for going to the theatre on Saturday night. In this way I invent some kinds of deadlines for myself. And it works... sometimes :-)
Grey is a perfect colour to combine with whatever and matches red ideally. The play I was going to see was about love so to support the atmosphere and the idea of the performance I couldn't help wearing my red top and Moulin Rouge set ... Probably the choice was right again :-)



Сірі Штани, або Краще пізно, ніж...



Тканину для цих штанів було куплено разом з вельветом використаним для пошиття цієї сукні. До певної міри історія повторилася знову. (Мабуть це був такий день, коли все видається не таким яке воно є насправді і у світі тканин були проблеми із самоідентифікацією :-)). Пам'ятаю, що мені сподобалися якість та ціна тканини, але я одразу не змогла вирішити чи хочу з неї штани чи спідницю, тож купила щоб вистачило на будь що. Потім вибір було зроблено і штани було покроєно... Але, якщо хтось, хто мешкає в моїй місцевості і збирається пошити вовняні штани, кроїть їх у квітні, а потім з різних причин не може закінчити роботу одразу, повинен затямити, що таке відкладання може привести до необхідності замість тих штанів пошити шорти. Останніми роками ми ледь встигаємо насолодитися весною, вона минає так швидко, що літо, здається, наступає одразу після зими. Це якраз був той випадок. Але я насправді терпіти не можу незакінчені речі і майже ніколи не починаю щось нове поки не дошито попередній виріб. Моя сорочка вже посунула штани тож, щоб геть не втратити цікавості до цього проекту, я все ж таки засіла за нього вчора вранці, щоб штани булли готові до вечірнього відвідування театру. Таким чином я вигадую для себе певні "кінцеві терміни" І це працює... іноді :-)
Сірий - чудовий колір для комбінування з будь яким, а з червоним сполучається просто ідеально. П'єса, яку я збиралася дивитися, була про кохання тож, щоб підтримати атмосферу та головну тему вистави, я не могла не вдягнути мій червоний топ та набір "Дрібок Мулен Ружу"... Схоже на те, що і цього разу вибір був правильним :-)



The pattern #0008 from   Burda Special issue Classic 2013. I only changed the bottom line and omitted pockets. The first because for such kinds of trousers it is much better to have the right bottom line with shorter front and longer back. The latter because I rarely make pockets in trousers.


Модель 0008 з спеціального видання Burda Класика, 2013. Я лише змінила лінію низу і відмовилася від кишень. Перше - тому що для таких штанів набагато краще мати правильну лінію низу, коли передня половинка коротша, а задня довша. А друге - тому що я рідко роблю кишені на штанях.










The trousers were mostly sewed like this pair.

Штани пошито майже повністю як цю пару.





Only the band was made in the different way as it consists of two halves.

Лише пояс пришивається в інший спосіб тому що складається з двох частин.




No comments:

Post a Comment