About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

13 May 2018

Lozenge Peyote with Twist Rope



Whatever pattern, reminding folk motifs, I see, it seems to be Ukrainian so any alike pattern is doomed to be beaded :-) That's why for my first necklace, made with Peyote with Twist technique, I chose the design from Albina Tezina - Jane Junkert found in this Facebook Community.
It is my third rope of the kind and I got some new experience beside the just practising the technique. Firstly, 1 repeat of the pattern is quite long so this pattern is not good for a bracelet and the longer the rope, the nicer it would look. Secondly, when starting the rope I was not sure if I was going to bead a rope or a bracelet, the choice became obvious only after two repeats so I had to think over the question about the necessary amount of the seed beads. This time they were enough as I used the seed beads of the colours, cinnamon and gold, that I have the most... had:-) But I surely need some formula to count the number for the necklaces. Thirdly, I didn't insert any filling this time what was impossible for the bracelet. Despite the rope is for 21 beads it drapes well enough around the neck, may be because was beaded with two treads and that added some extra density to the rope.

                                             


Намисто "Ромби" в техніці перекручений пейот 



Який би орнамент, по народним мотивам, я не бачила, він завжди видається українським, тому будь яка подібна модель приречена бути сплетеною :-) Ось чому для свого першого намиста в техніці перекручений пейот я обрала зразок від Albina Tezina - Jane Junkert знайдений в цій спільноті на Фейсбуку.
Це мій третій джгут в цій техніці і у мене з'явився новий досвід крім простої практики нанизування. По-перше, 1 повтор цього візерунку доволі довгий, тому він не дуже годиться для браслету і чим довший джгут, тим гарніше виглядає модель. По-друге, коли починала працювати над джгутом, я не була впевнена, чи робитиму браслет чи намисто, вибір став очевидним після двох повторів зразку тож мені довелося подумати над питанням про необхідну кількість бісеру. Цього разу його вистачило оскільки я використала бісер, кольору кориці та золотий, якого у мене найбільше... було :-) Але мені вже напевно потрібна якась формула для розрахунку кількості бісеру для намист. По-третє, я не використовувала жодних наповнювачів для намиста, що було б неможливо для цього браслету. Незважаючи на товщину джгута в 21 бісерину, він гарно лягає навколо шиї, можливо тому що сплетений на двох нитках і це надало додаткову щільність виробу.





Since my first post about my experience with this technique YouTube was enriched with many new tutorials on the technique so it is easy to find the one you like better.
The bracelet length of the pattern and the ready length of the rope, 41 cm.



З часу мого першого допису про досвід плетіння цією технікою YouTube збагатився великою кількістю нових майстер класів, тому легко обрати, який подобається найбільше.
"Браслетна" довжина моделі та довжина в готовому вигляді, 41 см.




As always, comparatively much time takes the finishing and adding the clasp. The length of the ready necklace can be regulated with extra elements as well.




Як завжди, порівняно багато часу займає закінчення намиста та додавання застібки. Довжину намиста можна регулювати також і за допомогою додаткових елементів.





Despite I like the pattern and am glad to see the necklace is ready I cannot say I am absolutely happy with the result. I feel the lack of the symmetry here because the diagonals of the pattern are not seen well and it seems few more repeats are needed. Maybe because 10/0 seed beads are too big for such a project. I'd love to see more rhombs instead of the paths between them.




Хоч мені подобається модель і я рада бачити готовий виріб, не можу сказати, що дуже задоволена результатом. Як на мене, тут відчувається брак симетрії тому що діагоналі візерунку не дуже добре видно і видається що треба додати ще пару повторів. Можливо тому, що джгут сплетений 10.0 бісером який для цього завеликий. Я б хотіла бачити більше ромбів замість переходів між ними.

No comments:

Post a Comment