About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

6 May 2018

Peyote Twist Bracelet II, or Fair Isle Spring

The spring on that island is, probably, cold and windy, but the bracelet beaded by the pattern of the same name looks very spring and gentle:-) It is my second bracelet in the wonderful technique Peyote with the Twist. I like the beaded crocheted ropes and I crochet well but to string few meters of seed beads in a strict order on the thread and then to be in panic every time when missing one of those seed beads that breaks the rope pattern is not for me, no... The process of beading in Peyote Twist is pure enjoyment with almost guaranteed result :-)
This time I practised the pattern Fairisle by Cheryl Hamilton. I chose it because it has stripes and easy to remember repeats so I didn't have to keep my eyes on the chart all the time.

(All about the spiral rope set is here,
the earrings - here)



Браслет в техніці перекручений пейот ІІ, або Весна на Фейр-Айсл


На тому острові весна, мабуть, холодна і вітряна, але браслет сплетений за однойменною моделлю виглядає дуже мило і по-весняному:-) Це мій другий браслет сплетений у чудовій техніці перекручений пейот. Мені подобаються плетені гачком бісерні джгути і плету гачком я теж добре, але нанизати декілька метрів бісерин в певній послідовності і потім щоразу впадати в паніку якщо пропустиш якусь з них і це зіпсує всю роботу, то точно не для мене... аж ніяк. Процес плетіння перекрученим пейотом - це просто чисте задоволення з прогнозованим результатом :-)
Цього разу я зупинилася на схемі "Fairisle" від Cheryl Hamilton. Обрала її тому, що вона має смужки і рапорт легко запам'ятовується, тож не треба весь час вдивлятися в схему.

(Все про спіральний джгут - тут, про сережки - тут.)

To bead this pattern was not hard, as it was mentioned. My first rope in this technique was thin and after finishing the beading I only had to add a clasp, that bracelet is soft and stretching to some degree: it transformed into a bangle, in fact, and doesn't need to be fastened/unfastened every time now.
This rope is, probably twice thicker so needed some inserting to keep the shape. I used hydro level pipe for that (I had to buy 5 meters of it so now I have to make more than 30 bracelets :-))


Як вже було вище сказано, плести цю модель було неважко. Мій перший браслет в цій техніці був тоненький і по закінченні я мала лише додати застібку, той браслет м'який і до певної міри розтягується: зараз немає потреби застібати/розстібати його щоразу як надягаєш.
Цей джгут, мабуть вдвічі, товстіший, тому треба було чимось наповнити його, щоб тримав форму. Використала гідрорівень (довелося купити п'ять метрів, тож тепер маю зробити більше 30 браслетів :-))


To finish the bracelet I made the caps on my own because had nothing to match in my stash. They are some kind of flowers beaded in herringbone. The tutorials can be found in the Internet but it is easy to make without any.
The bracelet with the inserting is quite rigid so, in my opinion, the sizing is even more important here than usually to wear the bracelet with comfort.



Щоб закінчити браслет, зробила власні кінцевіки, тому що нічого годящого не було в запасі. Це такі собі квіти сплетені в техніці ндебеле. МК є в Інтернеті, але можна при плетінні обійтися і без нього.
Браслет з таким наповнювачем доволі жорсткий, тому, на мою думку, щоб носити браслет було комфортно, визначити правильно розмір в цьому випадку навіть важливіше ніж зазвичай.

No comments:

Post a Comment