About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

27 May 2018

Raglan Top, or River Picnic

The end of a school year is always featured with two dominant feelings which give the bunch of many other ones. The first of them is, no doubt, eager awaiting of so close and desirable holiday and the second is awareness of plenty of work that must be done in few weeks to let you enjoy the piece and freedom. Obviously these feelings are in conflict :-) The long warm days strengthen both of these feelings and make you use any chance to avoid the contradiction at least for awhile. To spend time outdoors is a great treatment for the situation. So a couple of days ago me and several colleagues were planning a picnic on the bank of the river. To enjoy the event even more, I thought it would be good to wear something reflecting the mood and the place. Of course, I had in my stash matching fabric meant right for such an occasion. The quickest project for such an incident was to make a top. It was done quicker than said but, unfortunately, the picnic was postponed for indefinite time, what in this case, more likely, means "forever". Next day, instead of the picnic, I went to theatre with my friends but yet I have a top. And its idea does express my wish to spend time in silence on the as empty as possible river bank or seashore where only the sounds  of splashing and swashing water are heard... well... maybe... I don't mind hearing some birds twittering as well :-)




(All about earrings are here, the bracelet - here;
все про сережки - тут, про браслет - тут)

Топ з рукавом реглан, або Пікнік біля річки



Кінець шкільного року завжди характеризується двома головними відчуттями, які, в свою чергу, народжують ще купу інших. Перше з них це, безумовно, нетерпляче очікування такої близької і такої бажаної відпустки. А друге - усвідомлення кількості роботи, яку треба виконати за декілька тижнів, щоб дозволити собі насолоджуватися спокоєм і свободою. Вочевидь ці два почуття знаходяться у вічному конфлікті :-)
Довгі теплі дні посилюють ці почуття і примушують скористатися будь якою можливістю, щоб уникнути протиріччя хоча б ненадовго. Добре допомагає при цьому час проведений десь поза міських вулиць. Тому пару днів тому я і декілька моїх колег запланували влаштувати пікнік на березі річки. Щоб задоволення було повним, я надумала собі вдягти щось таке, що відображало б настрій і місце. Звісно, в запасі у мене була тканина наче створена для такого випадку. Найшвидшим проектом для такої події стало пошиття топу. Справу було зроблено швидше ніж сказано але, на жаль, пікнік було відкладено на невизначений час, що в цьому випадку означає назавжди. Замість пікніку, наступного дня, я пішла з друзями в театр, але футболка у мене все ж таки є. Ідея цього виробу справді виражає моє бажання побути в тиші на як-тільки-можливо-безлюднішому березі річки або моря, де чути лише плескіт хвиль... ну... добре... нехай і пташки трохи поспівають :-)




The pattern #126 from Burda 2/2013. I chose it mostly because of the sleeves that remind the waves and give loose fitting, that is very pleasant on a hot day.
The fabric was probably bought in winter a couple of years ago. Sometimes they sell  pieces of border fabrics, in my case it is knits, that are good to sew some small item, a top or a skirt.


Модель 126 з Burda 2/2013. Вибрала її переважно через форму рукавів, що нагадують хвильки і створюють вільне прилягання, це дуже приємно у спекотний день.
Тканину було куплено, скоріш за все, пару років тому взимку. Іноді продаються купонні тканини, в моєму випадку трикотаж, з яких можна пошити невеликі вироби, топ або спідницю.




The sewing itself is quick and simple so there are no any special tips. The neck hole I processed with the band but folded it at once. In this case it is better to cut the seam allowance along the neck hole in different way, the ready edge will be thinner.




Саме пошиття дуже просте і швидке тому особливих порад немає. Виріз горловини я обробила бейкою, але одразу склала її вдвоє. В цьому випадку, щоб готовий край був тонший, припуски на шви по зрізу горловини краще підрізати по-різному.

1 comment: