About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

12 June 2018

Lettuce Bracelet :-)



The garden theme is going on in this post as the beautiful roses are not the only plants growing in front of my parents' house. There are also some fruit and vegetables and they look pretty decorative, too:-)
This cute bracelet from Carol Wilcox Wells in Beadwork June/July 2011 attracted my attention at once. However, with its salad green colours and curvy net it spelled not the image of Lattice but Lettuce which enlivens our meals with long awaited natural vitamins and fresh taste.
But, of course, your associations can be different :-)


Браслет "Салатик"

Тема садочка продовжується в цьому дописі оскільки прекрасні троянди не єдині рослини на ділянці у моїх батьків. Ще є трохи овочів і фруктів і деякі з них виглядають доволі декоративно :-)
Цей милий браслет від Carol Wilcox Wells  в журналі "Beadwork" June/July 2011 одразу привернув мою увагу. Проте, своєю кольоровою гамою і вигнутою сіткою навіяв думки не про садову решітку, а про зелений салат з городу, який так пожвавлює нашу їжу довго очікуваними натуральними вітамінами та свіжим смаком.
Але, безумовно,  у тебе можуть бути інші асоціації :-)






The first part, lattice itself, was easy and quick for me but the second, net chain, was confusing.. maybe because, the TV was on while I was beading :-) When making the latter I used mostly word descriptions than charts although it is not typical for me, I cannot remember any other occasion when it was. Charts are all for me in any kind of needle work.
The pattern requires much attention indeed. Besides, I must admit the tension is very important here. 





Перша частина браслету, решітка, далася мені легко і швидко, а друга, ланцюжок-сітка, забаламутила всю голову... можливо тому, що, поки я плела, був увімкнений телевізор :-)
Поки нанизувала сітку користувалася переважно описом замість схеми хоча для мене це зовсім не схоже, не можу згадати якійсь інший випадок, коли так відбувалося. Схеми для мене - це все, в будь якому виді рукотворів.
Модель потребує великої уваги. Крім того, маю визнати, дуже важливе натягнення нитки.




As always the sewing took a lot of time. To sew it neatly I even pin the parts to have less or more equal rounds of the chain. The loop of the clasp is made the designer's but the bar was made usual.




Як завжди зшивання зайняло багато часу. Щоб зшити охайно, довелося навіть сколоти частини булавками, щоб отримати більш менш рівномірні кола з ланцюжку. Петлю я застібки я зробила як у дизайнерки, а поперечку зробила звичайну.





The bracelet is as beautiful as I expeceted it to be so I am very glad with the result.




Браслет такий гарний, як я і очікувала тож дуже задоволена результатом.

No comments:

Post a Comment