About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 June 2018

Sugared Buds Earrings :-)


I've already beaded few items that need earrings to complete the sets... But either I had no inspiration or time or wanted to make something unique, or just don't need them right now, I haven't made any pair up to now... The reasons of the postponing can be a lot :-)
However, after making the lariat I yet cut the dress for it to complete the outfit. So, while the materials are on my beading board, I spent today creating these earrings. I thought if the liane could have buds, they would probably look like that.



Сережки "Зацукровані бруньки" 


Вже сплела декілька речей, які потребують сережок. щоб утворити набори... Але чи то не було у мене натхнення чи часу чи воліла зробити щось унікальне, або просто не було в них потреби, до сьогодні так і не зробила жодної пари... Причин відкладати справи може бути багато :-)
Проте, після виготовлення ларіату я все ж таки покроїла сукню яку він призначений доповнювати. Тож, поки всі матеріали у мене на дошці, весь день провела створюючи ці сережки. Я подумала, що якби ліана мала бруньки, вони б виглядали приблизно ось так.



For the earrings I used 11.0 cut beads and 10.0 seed beads of two colours both, 15.0, a pearl and crystal drops. I am not sure it is worth describing all the way of the beading because there is nothing unusual here and I just combined few known available techniques.





Для сережок використала рубку 11.0 і бісер 10.0 двох кольорів кожний, бісер 15.0, перлину, кристальні краплі. Не впевнена, що варто описувати весь процес плетіння, тому що нічого незвичного тут немає, я просто скомбінувала декілька відомих і доступних технік.






Buds beaded with herringbone stitch. I put a pearl inside to get some weight for the earring as I like to feel it in the ear. But the construction is stiff enough without it as well. 



Бруньки сплетені у техніці "ндебеле". В середину вставила перлину, щоб сережка отримала вагу, бо мені подобається відчувати сережку у вусі. Але конструкція доволі жорстка і без неї.






The stamens are a simple fringe. It takes time to choose the right length and density of it. But it is better to experiment before joining all the details than to remake all the earring after it is ready.




Тичинки - прості "корали". Щоб визначитися з правильною довжиною і щільністю декору, варто витрати час. Але краще поекспериментувати до того як з'єднувати всі деталі ніж потім переробляти готовий виріб. 







Summer here is hot and mostly people are inclined to take off as much clothes as possible than to put it on. It means I wear necklaces very rarely in summer. But as the set is pretty delicate, I hope it will become an exception.





Літо у нас спекотне і люди переважно намагаються зняти з себе побільше одягу, а не вдягти. Це означає, що я дуже рідко одягаю намиста влітку. Але, оскільки набір вийшов негроміздким, сподіваюсь, він стане виключенням.


No comments:

Post a Comment