About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

30 June 2018

Shift Dress, or Holidays Start




It is the case when I didn't think much about the introduction article while sewing. Instead I thought a lot about enjoyment of being on holidays and tried to imagine how I would spend my days using a chance to go somewhere. I didn't take into the consideration any destinations... it actually doesn't the matter, but what really does is the mood, calmness and new impressions.
So let it be the first day of my distant vacation... maybe not very distant but far from home :-) Probably on that day I would feel a little tired after long road and would avoid dynamic fun, crowds of people and noisy spots... I'd rather walk around the streets of a new place to find out at what kind of locality I had got and where I can have some not expensive meal :-) And, of course, I'll wear something loose and light for that first meeting with my temporal habitation. 



All about the jewelry: pink & grey earrings and lariat; green set.



Сукня вільного крою, або Початок відпустки


Це той випадок, коли я не багато замислювалася над вступною статтею поки шила. Натомість, багато думала про задоволення від того що я вже у відпустці і намагалася уявити, як я б проводила свої дні використовуючи шанс кудись поїхати. Місця призначення не бралися до уваги...  взагалі, вони і значення не мають, а от що насправді має значення, так це настрій, спокій і нові враження...
Отже, нехай це буде перший день моєї відпустки у далеких краях... ну, може і не таких вже далеких, але далі від дому :-) Ймовірно в цей день я б почувалася трохи втомленою від довгої дороги і уникала б динамічних розваг, натовпу та гомінких місць...  Я б скоріше пішла поблукати вулицями нової місцини, щоб зрозуміти що воно за таке і пошукала б де можна недорого поїсти:-) І, звісно, я б вдягнула щось вільне і легке на це перше побачення з моїм тимчасовим притулком...


Все про прикраси:рожево-сірий ларіат і сережкизелений набір 






This dress #115 from Burda 4/2016 is among the best variants of clothes for hot days wherever they capture you: either in the streets of a home city or at some distant lands :-)
It is a quick and simple sewing so the main effect depends on the choice of the fabric. My dress is sewed of thin cotton, very soft and silky by touch. I had few minutes doubts as for the arrangement of the fabric pattern as four full repeats of the zigzag stripes made the dress too long and the absence of this repeat on the bottom would make a square look. I found the compromise. I lengthened the dress for one big stripe of the zigzag and made slits in the side seams.
I also decreased the neck hole on the back for about 3-4 cm.
It looks like such kind of silhouettes will become my basic from now as I gained weight but in summer they are very comfortable indeed.





Ця   сукня 115 з Burda 4/2016 серед найкращих варіантів одягу для спекотних днів де б вони тебе не захопили: чи то на вулицях рідного міста чи то в далеких землях :-)
Це просте і швидке пошиття, тому головний ефект залежить від вибору тканини. Мою сукню пошито з тонкої бавовни, дуже м'якої і шовковистої на дотик. Мала декілька хвилин сумнівів щодо розташування смужок візерунку, оскільки чотири повних повтори зробили б сукню занадто довгою, а відсутність такого повтору по низу, створила б квадратний вигляд. Компроміс було знайдено: подовжила сукню на одну велику смугу зигзагу і зробила розрізи у бокових швах.
Також я зменшила глибину вирізу спинки на 3-4 см.
Схоже такі силуети стануть моїми основними оскільки я набрала вагу, але влітку вони справді дуже зручні.





To process the neck hole I cut and sewed the facings.


Для обробки горловини я покроїла та пришила обшивку.





The arm holes are processed with the facings as well. I'd rather say the single piece sleeves.



Так само обшивками оброблено і краї пройм... я б сказала суцільнокроєних рукавів.



To have a neat hem, I made corners on the corners. I shot the video for sewing this detail to have it right here but failed. I am sure there are a lot of such videos in the Internet.
After top stitching the slits and the hem I made a short brace right on the top of the slit to prevent the side seam from ripping up while wearing the dress.


Щоб поділ вийшов охайним на кутках зробила кутки. Знімала відео обробки цієї деталі, щоб воно було тут на місті, але щось нічого не вийшло. Впевнена, в Інтернеті таких відео достатньо.
Після відстрочування подолу і розрізів, я зробила коротеньку закріпку якраз на кінці бокового шву, щоб попередити його від розривів під час носіння сукні.



No comments:

Post a Comment