About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

14 June 2019

Flared Monday Dress



The dress was finished on Monday so if I have Sunday trousers, why not to have Monday Dress? Hmm... having in mind all that, I think it would be a good idea to make a dress every day of week and call it correspondingly...:-)

The only thing, accompanying this sewing,  I can tell  is the fact  of me being on holidays at last. The idea of this new outfit expresses this joyful time of year definably. The dress looks light, feminine, flirty and chic. It seems to me I am not exactly the one who is in such a mood right now but it is surely the description I strive to get for myself and maybe even will have achieved that state of relaxed mind and soul by the end of summer :-) Of course, I am joking... because anyway summer is a great time either to be busy with what you want to do or postponed to do or being lazy if you can afford that. As for me, the right balance of the mentioned above activities makes the time splendid.



Moon Time Bracelet and Moon Time Earrings were made especially to complement the apparel.


Сукня зі шлярками "Понеділок"


Сукню було закінчено у понеділок, тож якщо у мене є Недільні штани, чому б мені не мати Понеділкової сукні?  Хмм... взявши все це до уваги, думаю непоганою ідеєю було б шити сукню кожного дня тижня і відповідно  її називати :-)

Все що я можу розповісти пов'язане з цією сукнею, так це приємний факт, що я вже нарешті у відпустці. Ідея цієї сукні безумовно виражає цю радісну пору року у всій красі. Сукня виглядає легкою, жіночною, грайливою та нарядною. Здається мені, я ще не зовсім в такому настрої, але це вже напевно опис якого прагну для себе і, можливо, навіть досягну того стану розслабленого розуму і душі ще до закінчення літа :-) Звісно, жартую... тому що як би там не було, літо - чудова пора, щоб зайнятися тим, чим хочеться або що відкладав, або, якщо можеш собі дозволити, просто полінуватися. Як на мене правильний баланс всього вищезгаданого якраз і робить цей час надзвичайним.



Браслет і сережки "Місячний ліхтарик" були зроблені спеціально, щоб доповнити сукню.




The dress #117 from Burda 4/2019 was meant to be sewed as I liked it from the first sight. So as soon as I had some free time, the process started and it was an enjoyment. I can't say the sewing is very complicated but it surely needs some extra attention. 





Сукня 117 з Burda 4/2019 була приречена на пошиття оскільки вона мені сподобалася з першого погляду. Тож, щойно у мене з'явися вільний час - процес розпочався і приніс задоволення. Не можу сказати, що пошиття аж таке складне, але вже напевно потребує додаткової уваги.




The processing of details 23 and 30. After stitching and turning it out, I top stitched it along the long edges. I recommend not to stitch side seams without trying the dress on. because, as you see from the photo, the fitting of the draping details must be regulated for your figure. For example, I had extra fabric on the top edge of the draping detail.





Обробка деталей 23 і 30. Після стачування і вивертання, я відстрочила деталь вздовж довгих країв. Рекомендую не з'єднувати бокові шви без примірки, тому що відлітні деталі треба підганяти по фігурі. Наприклад, у мене, як видно на фото, по верхньому краю вийшов надлишок тканини.





When buying the zipper I made a mistake with the colour and had nothing matching to change. So decided to sew a short zipper only around the waist part. The dress turned to have a slight slouching along the waist back. Usually, if I have any, I remove it but this time I didn't because on hot days it is more comfortable to have the dress a little loose, besides, when moving, it is not noticeable. 




Коли купувала "блискавку", помилилася з кольором, дома нічого гожого не було, щоб замінити. Тож вирішила вшити "блискавку" лише на самому вузькому місці. Виявилося, що сукня має невеличкий напуск вздовж талії спинки. Зазвичай, якщо таке трапляється, я це зрізаю, але цього разу вирішила залишити, бо в спеку краще, щоб сукня була трохи вільна, тим більше що в русі цей напуск не помітний.




As for draping detail 26, I top stitched it along the long edges as well because don't believe that every fabric dreams to be obeying especially after washing. I even can suggest to make it double to prevent the facing from turning out. That's why I stitched both of the draping details, 23 and 26 to the bodice (pink lines on the photo) and also sewed the facing of the detail 26 along bottom edge to the bodice from the wrong side with hands. The front bodice and skirt are joining in two stages.





Щодо деталі 26, її я теж відстрочила, тому що не вірю у добру волю тканини лежати так, як їй скажуть, особливо після прання. Я б навіть запропонувала зробити її подвійною, щоб обшивки не виверталися. Саме тому я настрочила обидві відлітні деталі, 23 1 26 до сукню (рожеві лінії на фото) і також пришила вручну деталь 26 з середини по нижньому краю. Передні частини верху та спідниці з'єднуються в два етапи.



The last tip about the corner of the diagonal ruffle. My fabric has definite right and wrong sides. After hemming the ruffle, its corner turned with its wrong side so I made a short bar to sew it to the diagonal seam and to save its mobility and hide the wrong side at the same time.


Останній прийомчик стосується діагональної шлярки. Після обробки її верхній куточок вивертався зворотньою стороною на лицеву, а тканина у мене має виражені зворотню і лицеву сторони, тож я пришила той куточок у діагональний шов за допомогою короткої закріпки, що водночас зберегло його рухливість і сховало зворотню сторону. 

2 comments:

  1. Greetings,
    This outfit has lovely flow and movement. May you have a wonderful weekend.
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Eva Maria, for the compliment and the greeting! Have a nice creative weekend, too!

      Delete