About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 June 2019

Poppies Field (Cross Stitching), or Irony of the Choice




I thought this event would never happen in my needlework life. It is prominent indeed for my personal collection of cross stitching pictures :-) Because I finished the one started about eight years ago! I tried to finish it few times but postponed and postponed and postponed again... I remember very well the beginning. 






Макове поле (Вишивка хрестиком), або Іронія вибору



Я думала, ця подія в моєму рукотворному житті вже ніколи не трапиться. Вона і справді видатна для моєї особистої колекції картин вишитих хрестиком :-) Тому що я закінчила одну з них, розпочату біля восьми років тому! Декілька разів я намагалася завершити цю роботу, але відкладала, відкладала і знову відкладала... Дуже добре пам'ятаю, як все починалося. 





By that time I'd had three splendid cross stitched landscapes, two Winters and one Spring, absolutely stunning and the most complicated work I had ever done before. And I thought about going on with Summer or Autumn. Then I thought which landscape I would like to have in front of my eyes if, for example, left Ukraine. And thus I chose this one. Soon after finishing the picture, in the Internet I came across the paintings which probably inspired the author of my pattern. They were few interpretations of fields with poppies by Paul Guy Gantner, a Korean artist who painted in France! 




На той момент у мене було три чудових вишитих пейзажі, дві "Зими" і одна "Весна", цілком надзвичайна  і найскладніша робота, яку я колись вишивала. І я розмірковувала над продовженням теми "Осінню" чи "Літом". Тоді я подумала, який би пейзаж я хотіла бачити перед очима, якщо б, до прикладу, залишила Україну. Ось так і обрала цю картину. Незабаром по закінченню роботи в Інтернеті я натрапила на полотна, які, напевно, надихнули автора моєї схеми. Це були декілька інтерпретацій полів з маками Поля Гая Гантнера, корейського художника, який творив у Франції! 



Anyway I love poppies. Their life is very short but very bright. During several days of their blossoming they seem to saturate as much or even more warmth and light as other flowers for weeks. Poppy, for me, is the flower radiating life... 




Як би там не було, все одно я люблю маки. Життя їхнє дуже коротке, але дуже яскраве. Протягом декількох днів цвітіння вони, здається, вбирають стільки ж, а може і більше, тепла і світла, скільки інші квіти за тижні. Мак, для мене, це квітка, яка випромінює життя...

No comments:

Post a Comment