About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

21 September 2019

Blouse with Pleat, or Naples & Pepper

In Naples a tourist is always in a company of Vesuvius that attracts the eye all the time there :-) As soon as we stopped at some viewpoint to admire its magic over the Gulf of Naples, two men with trolleys appeared from nowhere and recommended to buy a local souvenir - an imitation of a chili pepper. Immediately it became known that chili pepper is a symbol of Naples. Actually, a red horn is the symbol but chili pepper replaces it successfully:-) As I had no impressions about the city at that moment, I ignored the offer. Then we knew that the central part of the city together with the embankment were closed because of preparing to international completions, thus our visit was comparatively short. Me and my friend probably saw all main landmarks of Naples and its unbelievable Gulf with huge cruise liners, (at that moment there was the world's biggest one among few others!) and a piece of Naples' slums as well but I felt the lack of wandering to define the spirit of the place. Therefore I needed a souvenir. To pay 1 euro for a Chinese fake was too much and to buy something authentic was too expensive so I decided to make such a souvenir myself. I like the idea of chili pepper as means to scare bad stuff, besides, we have the same tradition in Ukraine: the only difference - one chili pepper is not enough, we use the whole bunch of them :-)

In this way, the blouse and the necklace became a wonderful reminding of that beautiful day in the company of Vesuvius over the Gulf of Naples :-)


My full album Naples is here.



Блузка зі складкою, або Неаполь і перець


В Неаполі туриста завжди супроводжує Везувій який повсякчас притягує погляд. Щойно ми зупинилися на оглядовому майданчику, щоб насолодитися його величчю над Неаполітанською затокою, як нізвідки з'явилися двоє чоловіків з візками і запропонували купити місцевий сувенір - імітацію перцю чилі. Одразу ж стало відомо, що це - символ Неаполю. Насправді, червоний ріг - символ, але перець чилі його успішно заміщає:-) Оскільки на той момент вражень про місто ще не було, то пропозиція не зацікавила. Потім ми дізналися, що центральну частину міста разом з набережною перекрито через підготовку до міжнародних змагань і візит наш буде порівняно короткий. Ми з подругою, мабуть, побачили всі головні принади Неаполю та його неймовірну затоку з величезними круїзними лайнерами (і серед них найбільший в світі саме був тоді там!) і шматочок неаполітанських нетрів, але, щоб визначити дух міста, блукання не вистачило. Тож без сувеніру було не обійтися. Платити євро за китайську підробку було забагато, а купувати щось автентичне - задорого, так я і вирішила створити сувенір самотужки. Мені подобається ідея перцю як засобу відганяти погані речі, до того ж в Україні ми маємо таку саму традицію: тільки одного перцю не досить - нам потрібна ціла зв'язка :-) 

Ось так ця блузка та намисто стали чудовим нагадуванням про той прекрасний день в компанії Везувію:-)

Мій повний альбом "Неаполь" тут.




I didn't think a lot about the blouse's pattern. Firstly, I didn't have much fabric, secondly, I wanted to avoid models with buttons  and button holes, collars and plackets. This #106 from Burda 12/2018, or Burda PDF #6278, is nice enough, it is loose and its pleats in the front, back and on the sleeves add some extra softness. A good choice for silk.




Я не довго розмірковувала про модель блузки. По-перше, у мене не було багато тканини, по-друге, хотіла уникнути моделей з ґудзиками та прорізними петлями, комірами та планками. Ця блузка 106 з Burda 12/2018, або Burda PDF 6278, достатньо гарна, вона вільна, складки по переду, спинці та рукавах утворюють якусь додаткову м'якість. Гарний вибір для шовку.




The blouse has a tutorial in the magazine and I tried to follow it. But failed from the first try to make the front pleat.  So then at first I only stitched the corner and after that fold the pleat by the check lines and stitched it on the right side only.




В журналі поданий майстер клас з пошиву цієї блузки і я намагалася йому слідувати, але у мене нічого не вийшло зї складкою переду. Тому потім я просто обтачала куток, після цього заклала складку по лініям і настрочила лише по лицевій стороні.




As the fabric is thin, instead of overlocking the edge of the facing is hemmed. 

I stitched the yoke on the back by sewing machine. 






Оскільки тканина тонка, замість обметування край обшивки підшитий. 

Також, кокетку по спинці я притачала на машинці

No comments:

Post a Comment