About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 September 2019

Chili Peppers Necklace



I used to boast with my pieces of jewellery made of souvenirs. They are this Peacock feather Necklace and this Coin Pendant. But this time I am going to tell about the item that was made because I didn't buy the souvenir in time so had to make it myself :-)



Намисто "Перчинки"


Я вже якось хизувалася своїми прикрасами, виготовленими з сувенірів. Йшлося про це намисто "Перо павича" та про кулон "Монета". Цього разу збираюся розповісти про прикрасу, яку зроблено, тому що я вчасно такий сувенір не купила, тож довелося робити його самій :-)



My plan was to make a necklace with a pepper pendant to match the blouse and support the symbolism of the pepper:-) I bought two handmade glass pepper beads and then had to think about the rope. One of the most interesting for me beading tutorials are those by sapphirus. She makes a lot of very delicate things of simple materials and her ropes and chains are great so to hang my peppers I chose this one. The only thing I changed - the way of sewing the clasp. I think lobster clasps are not very reliable so I preferred to add it with the chance to change if it is broken.





План був зробити намисто з кулоном-перчинкою, що пасувало б до блузки  і підтримало б символізм перцю:-) Я купила дві зроблені вручну скляні намистини у вигляді перців і мала подумати про джгут. Один з найбільш цікавих для мене майстер класів з плетіння робить sapphirus. У неї багато дуже делікатних виробів з простих матеріалів і її джгути та ланцюжки чудові, тож, щоб підвісити мої перчинки, я обрала цей. Єдине, що я змінила - спосіб пришивання застібки. Ці застібки лобстери здаються мені ненадійними, тож я її приєднала так, щоб можна було замінити, якщо зламається.



Next step - to add the loops to the pepper beads. The most important thing here not to forget to lock the seed beads rings at once as a chain as they have no opens as well as the peppers, by the way:-) I made the loops by the sample of the rope but started with 20 seed beads instead of 16. 




Наступний крок - додати петлі до намистин перчинок. Тут головне - не забути замикати бісерні кільця одразу як ланцюжок, бо вони не мають отворів, як і перчинки, до речі:-) Петлі я зробила за зразком джгута, але почала з 20 бісерин замість 16.



As for me, it  reminds pepper plant  not less than pepper itself :-) 





Як на мене, це схоже на кущ перцю навіть більше ніж сам перець :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment