About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

11 September 2019

Kimono Blouse, or Rome & Pineapples

On the second day of our staying at Rome me and my friend, stunned, astonished and full of awe and reverence after visiting Vatican, went for a walk along the Tiber to admire Rome bridges. Actually, we didn't think a lot where to go because whenever one goes from St Peter's Basilica, he is still in Rome :-) It was a random decision but the idea to go to the underground station in the Piazza di Spagna on foot was lucky indeed. It was a very pleasant stroll along the embankment with often stops to admire the views and take photos. As all the way was in the shadow of the trees, we didn't suffer from the heat reigned in the city on those days and met only several people - an awesome contrast with all main touristic locations! Until we got to the Piazza del Popolo, the temperature became less pitiless so we could enjoy the rest of the walk in the same mood of calm inside joy from the achieved dream to see all what we saw on that day including the Sistine Chapel. About those impressions even isn't easy to talk because you cannot find the right words to express them. For me such a state of mind means that real feelings are saved and nursed so I like  to be in that mood... Well, let's stick to the point :-) Thus in some street we drop in a cafe to have a rest and snack. Chosen fruit salads were mixes of tasteless strawberries, kiwifruit (which I don't like), sweet juicy melon and pineapples. Before I didn't know I wanted pineapples so much so I ate one more portion only of them  and it turned out to be the perfect finish of that day :-) 

My full Rome album is here.





Блузка кімоно, або Рим та ананаси


На другий день перебування у Римі ми з подругою приголомшені, зачудовані та сповнені благоговіння та трепету після відвідування Ватикану, пішли на прогулянку уздовж Тибру подивитися римські мости. Ми недовго думали де б піти, тому що, куди б ти не звернув від Базиліки Св. Петра, все одно залишатимешся у Римі:-) Рішення було випадковим, але ідея дістатися пішки до метро на площі Іспанії - вдалою. Це була дуже приємна прогулянка уздовж набережної з частими зупинками на милування міськими пейзажами та фотографування. Оскільки весь шлях пролягав у тіні дерев, ми не страждали від спеки, що панувала тоді в місті, і зустріли лише декілька людей - оце контраст з головними пам'ятками Риму! Поки ми дісталися площі Тополі, спека вже стала не такою безжалісною, тож решту шляху ми чимчикували в тому самому настрої спокійної внутрішньої радості від досягнутої мрії побачити все, що ми в той день побачили включно з Сікстинською Капелою. Про такі враження важко говорити, бо не впевнений, що можеш добрати правильні слова, щоб їх виразити. Для мене такий стан свідомості означає, що справжні почуття леліяні і збережені, тому мені подобається бути в такому настрої... Щось я відволіклася від теми:-) Отже, на одній з вулиць ми зазирнули до якогось кафе перепочити і перекусити. Обрані фруктові салати були сумішшю несмачних полуниць, ківі (які я не люблю), соковитих дині та ананасу. До того я не знала, що настільки хочу ананасів, щоб з'їсти ще одну порцію салату лише з них. Та це ще й стало гарним                       завершенням того дня:-)

Мій повний альбом "Рим" тут.





To have such memories and to go past the piece of fabric with pineapples print isn't possible :-) However, I couldn't choose the right pattern for the fabric at once as this is a rare case when I bought the fabric not having any ideas for it on my mind. Before this blouse #117 from Burda 10/2015 was defined, I traced three other patterns. But this one was surely right. The blouse is both loose and fitting at the same time - an ideal variant for summer. As my mom said, "I cannot imagine anything other sewed from this fabric". Exactly like me :-) 

On the photo the blouse is paired with my favourite summer trousers and, as I didn't make special jewellery for this outfit, I'm wearing Pinch Beads  earrings and Candy bracelet to complete the it.






Коли маєш такі спогади, пройти повз шматка тканини з візерунком з ананасів неможливо :-) Проте, я не могла обрати модель одразу, оскільки це той рідкісний випадок, коли я купила тканину не маючи ідей щодо її застосування. До того як зупинилася на цій блузці 117 з Burda 10/2015, три інші викрійки були накреслені. Але саме ця виявилася тим, що треба. Блузка водночас і вільна і має прилягання - ідеально для літа. Як сказала моя мама: "Не можу уявити, що з цієї тканини можна було б пошити щось інше". Так само як і я :-) 

На фото блузку поєднано з моїми улюбленими літніми штанами і, оскільки спеціальних прикрас до неї не зроблено, я доповнила вбрання сережками з намистинами пінч і браслетом з намистинами кенді.





As for the sewing, the most important is to follow the instruction to keep the order of joining the details. I made the detail 4 with a fold in the centre back.



Щодо пошиття, найголовніше - це дотримуватися інструкції, щоб не переплутати порядок з'єднання деталей. Деталь 4 у мене зі згином посередині спинки.





Sewing the front part. 





Пошиття передньої частини.



I like the belt for this model and I'd love to make it of fabric but I didn't have enough material for that so stitched two half belts into the front reliefs to tie them on the back. In this way the blouse gets its optimal fitting.





Мені подобається пояс передбачений для цієї моделі і я б його із задоволенням пошила, але у мене не було достатньо тканини на нього, тому я зробила два півпояси і вшила їх в передні рельєфні шви. Так блузка отримала своє оптимальне прилягання.

2 comments:

  1. Hello my friend Oksana! You are looking wonderful! I am glad that you had a nice vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Larry, so much, you always have a good word for me!

    ReplyDelete