About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

16 July 2024

Linen Shirt Dress with Embroidered Details

 





The feature of this new dress is embroidered shoulder epaulettes. To make these details embroidered I was inspired by my Kaftan Dress  as wanted to use cross stitching decor for another garment after it was ready. The choice was made in favour of model #119 from Burda 4/2019 (or #6240A) as I'd already bought a piece of linen to make it and was going to sew the dress as quick as possible. It happened to become ready only now despite the hottest summer days and often power cuts. Thus I've got a great outcome anyway :-)





Лляна сукня-cорочка з вишитими елементами 





Визначна деталь цієї нової сукні - вишиті погони. Вишити ці деталі мене надихнула моя зелена сукня каптан, оскільки мені хотілося прикрасити вишивкою хрестиком ще якесь вбрання після її пошиття. Обрала модель 119 з Burda 4/2019 (або #6240A) оскільки я на той момент вже купила відріз льону на неї і збиралася  зробити її якнайшвидше. Так трапилося, що пошилася вона лише зараз, в найспекотніші дні літа та під час постійного знеструмлення. Тож в будь-якому разі все одно вийшло все добре :-)





The pockets are made without flaps as they are meant to be on the  part of the bust which I have prominent enough :-)


Кишені без клапанів, оскільки вони мали бути на частині бюста, яка у мене і так достатньо випукла :-)




My epaulettes are a little longer than by the model and obviously I omitted loopes to keep them on the spot so sewed them along the shoulder seam (white threa is basting).



Мої погони довші ніж за моделлю і, вочевидь, я відмовилася від петлі яка б утримувала їх на місці. Тож я їх пришила вздовж плечлвого шва (біла нитка - наметувальна).



I have an idea, materials and intention to make a jewellery set to match specially to this dress but until it's ready the Ukrainian Ornament Earrings and Magatama Bracelets are quite nice accessories here.



Є у мене ідея, матеріали і план зробити набір прикрас спеціально до цієї сукні, але поки вони не готові, гарними доповненнями стали сережки "Український візерунок" і браслети з магатами.


No comments:

Post a Comment