About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

1 December 2019

Viscose Dress, or Autumn Doubts


Today is the first day of winter and I am here with my new project which is surely inspired by autumn. Not because I love this season so much but mostly because it was on my working table, in fact, the whole autumn:-) Despite this long time sewing the outcome corresponds the expectation in full. Although, while cutting and sewing, I had few moments of despair. At first I thought I was mistaken with matching the fabric and the pattern. Then I was disappointed with the quality of my cutting as I couldn't keep the symmetry of the fabric pattern for the front and back. When I saw me in this outfit on the first photos, I said that I looked like a retired accountant although while trying the dress on, I had enjoyed my image. When you are your own tailor and have less practice than you need not to lose confidence in your skills, it happens. Most of all I hate the minutes of doubts as for the matching fabrics and patterns. Especially when you are obsessed in both and am sure they are an ideal match. It is one of not many cases in this occupation, when nothing can be corrected in some way. Now, when the dress is ready and I am satisfied with the result, I even don't know what rejoices me more: either the fact I finished the work or that I was wrong with all my doubts :-) Yet there is one thing making me upset to some degree - hardly I can wear this dress on the nearest suitable occasion, it is too cold, it is winter now:-) Frosty Ornament Necklace was made to complete right this outfit but... much before the fabric was found and bought :-)



Сукня з віскози, або Осінні сумніви



Сьогодні перший день зими і я тут зі своїм новим проектом, який точно натхненний осінню. Не тому що я так вже сильно люблю цю пору року, а переважно через те, що він залишався на моєму робочому столі майже всю осінь:-) Незважаючи на таке довге пошиття, результат повністю відповідає очікуванням. Хоча, поки кроїла і шила, мала декілька хвилин відчаю. Спочатку я думала, що помилилася з підбором тканини і моделі. Потім була розчарована кроєм, тому що не змогла дотриматися симетрії передньої частини і спинки. А коли побачила себе в цій сукні на фото, сказала, що схожа на бухгалтерку на пенсії, хоча під час примірки я собі в ній подобалася. Коли сам собі кравчиня і маєш менше практики ніж потрібно, щоб не втрачати впевненості в своїх навичках, таке трапляється. Більш за все ненавиджу помилки з підбором тканини і моделі. Особливо коли ти від обох в захваті і вони видаються ідеальною парою. В цій справі це один з небагатьох випадків, коли якось щось виправити неможливо. Зараз, коли сукня готова і я задоволена результатом, навіть і не знаю від чого більше радію: від того, що нарешті закінчила роботу чи від того, що була неправою зі своїми сумнівами:-) Є ще одна річ, яка мене засмучує: навряд чи зможу одягти сукню найближчої відповідної нагоди, адже зараз надто холодно - зима:-) Намисто "Морозний візерунок" було зроблено саме до цього вбрання... ще до того, як я знайшла і купила тканину:-)






Not only sewing was long, cutting itself took me two days. First day was spent for tracing the pattern and sewing the skirt. The positive moment: the skirt paper pattern is not a half but the full back/front. It simplifies the cutting a lot especially when the fabric is silky and slipping. To get symmetry on the skirt part I drew the part of print when cutting the front and checked it when cutting the back. When the skirt is ready, the depth of the folds need to be trimmed along the top as the paper pattern doesn't provide it. 




Не лише пошиття було довгим, на крій пішло два дні. Перший день витратила на креслення викрійки та пошиття спідниці. Позитивний момент: викрійка спідниці подана повністю замість половинки спинки/переду. Це спрощує процес крою особливо, коли тканина шовковиста і ковзає. Щоб отримати симетрію візерунку на спідниці, намалювала візерунок на викрійці, коли кроїла передню частину, потім підібрала таку саму частину для крою спинки. Коли спідниця готова, глибину складок треба вирівняти по верхньому краю, оскільки викрійкою це не передбачено.






On the second day I cut the rest of the details with modifying the placket. I made it as a single piece with the front because I always do in this way, if it's possible, not to make extra cuts of the fabric and to avoid extra seams on silky material.



На другий день покроїла решту деталей зі зміною крою планки переду. Я її зробила цільною з передньою частиною, тому що я завжди так роблю, якщо це можливо, щоб додатково не різати тканину і уникнути додаткових швів на шовку.





I also try to stitch the yoke by sewing machine. When the fabric is so thin and soft, it is not hard to stitch all the yoke's seams one by one and turn it out.




Також намагаюся прострочити всі шви кокетки на машинці. Коли тканина така м'яка і тонка, не важко прострочити один за одним шви притачування кокетки, а потім вивернути її.




Sewing the collar is almost always the same. I make it without hand work as well. To avoid the fabric stretching when sewing the zipper, the sides seam allowance were reinforced with stripes of interfacing.




Пришивання комірця майже завжди однакове. Теж роблю це повністю на машинці. Щоб запобігти витягуванню тканини під час вшивання блискавки, припуск на шов зміцнила смужками прокладки.




This time I even sewed the inner part of the belt by the instruction, but without handwork as well:-)




Цього разу я навіть внутрішню частину поясу пришила за інструкцією, але, знов ж таки, без ручної роботи:-)






Probably it is  time to say what model I made:-) The dress #118 from Burda 9/2018. From the first sight I was sure I would make it as soon as some right  fabric appeals to me. 





Мабуть саме час сказати, яку це я модель пошила:-) Сукня 118 з Burda 9/2018. З першого погляду була впевнена, що пошию її щойно мене покличе якась відповідна тканина:-)


2 comments: