About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

28 June 2020

Dress with a Wrap Skirt




When talking about a hobby, it is hard to be sure which of us is a chief. Sometimes I am a leader but sometimes it rules and whose part is prevailed is the question to argue :-) For example, it is known, that PDF patterns contain not less then two variations of the models to make by the same drafts. In my case: one of them for winter and the other one for summer. When  started buying them, all of their models I chose for cold seasons but then it happened to be quarantine, we worked distantly so sewing of the warm dresses had no motivation at all. And now, using those patterns, I sew the clothes for summer, which, in fact, I didn't choose :-) 


Orange Mix Necklace and the Earrings were made purposely to complete this outfit.


Сукня зі спідницею на запах



Хобі - це така справа, що іноді важко бути певним, хто головний: іноді ти їм керуєш, а іноді воно тобою; чия ж частка більша -  питання суперечливе :-) Наприклад, відомо, що PDF викрійки містять не менше двох моделей, які можна пошити за однаковими кресленнями. В моєму випадку, одна з них була на зиму, а інша - на літо. Коли починала їх купувати, всі моделі я обирала для холодної пори року, але потім трапився карантин, ми працювали дистанційно і мотивація пошиття таких речей зовсім зникла. А тепер, використовуючи ті викрійки, я шию одяг для спекотної погоди, тобто, фактично, той, який я не обирала:-) 


Намисто "Помаранчева Суміш" і сережки були зроблені спеціально до цього вбрання.


This dress is made by Burda Style pattern #6565. I was so crazy about modification B that even bought the fabric of exactly the same colour as it has on its photo. But model A happened to be happier this time :-) And I have no shadow of regretting about that as I like what I've got much more then a lot!  I only refused from the collar because the necklace was planned to replace it from the moment of choosing the fabric. About this fabric my cousin said "It is very strange but it suits you" :-)





Цю  сукню пошито за моделлю Burda Style pattern #6565. Мені настільки захопила модифікація B, що я тоді ж одразу купила тканину саме того кольору, який був на її фото. Але моделі A цього разу пощастило більше :-) У мене немає і тіні жалю щодо цього, тому що те, що у мене вийшло, мені страшенно подобається! Я лише відмовилася від коміру, оскільки намисто мало його замінити з моменту вибору тканини. До речі, про цю тканину моя сестра висловилася так: "Це дуже дивно, але вона тобі до лиця" :-)







PDF patterns have instructions with drawings so it is  easy to follow them. 




PDF викрійки мають ілюстровані інструкції, тому шити по ним легко.



In this model I also like that the skirt and the bodice is made separately and then the ready parts are joined together. 




В цій моделі мені також подобається, що спідниця і верхня частина шиються окремо, а потім, вже готові частини з'єднуються разом.

The processing of the hem is supposed the facing of the back part. It looks very nice. 



Обробка подолу передбачає обшивку для низу спинки. Це виглядає дуже гарно.




Hem allowance is supposed to be 4 cm but when the skirt is flared, it is quite difficult to fold the edge twice as I prefer it closed. So I gave 3 cm. Besides, I always think about the dresses "behavior" after washing so all the edges were top stitched. The fabric is too thin and soft to process the hem with hands. 




Припуск на підгин низу передбачається 4 см, але якщо спідниця кльош, то викласти подвійну підгинку, а мені подобається закритий край, доволі складно. Тож додала 3 см. Крім того, я завжди думаю про "поведінку" суконь після прання, тому всі краї були відстрочені на машинці. Тканина занадто тонка і м'яка для обробки низу вручну.




Before the joining the bodice was made almost completely. I sewed the sleeves and basted the facing to avoid the stretching of the neckhole. 




До з'єднання верхня частина була майже закінчена. Я вшила рукави і примітала обшивку, щоб горловина не розтягувалася.

The seam allowance for the zipper was reinforced and the facing of the neckhole was processed after inserting the zipper. 



Припуск на вшивання блискавки було зміцнено. Обшивку закінчено після вшивання блискавки.





The dress is fabulous and the photos are wonderful as well:-) 




Сукня класна і фото нівроку теж-:)


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful dress! The fabric is really great too! The whole outfit is so nice, you most certainly look resplendent and beautiful :-) Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie, so much for such wonderful compliments!!! Sounds very motivating :-) I am glad you like it!

      Delete