About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

6 July 2020

Viscose Blouse, or Lemurian Lake



I  have got a habit, or to be exact a real mania:-), to make new blouses or tops when going on different excursions. Let me remember Roses & Palace Blouse, Green Hutors Blouse or Canyon Trip Shirt, Just Hearts, Simple Top or Rose of WindsA week ago me and my friend went to Lemurian Lake, which is mostly called Pink everywhere here, in Kherson Region. The biggest surprise for me was that the lake is really pink! Besides, it has certain medical treatment qualities and, as it was said, is more popular among foreigners than among us, Ukrainians. I also must confess that the arrangement of the resort area is much better than I had expected. Actually, I got used not to expect much from the places where I go so I just cannot be disappointed with anything but the absence of air conditioners in our buses when it is 35 degrees above zero outside :-) The bathing in the lake turned out to be very pleasant. I also was impressed with around landscape full of windmills. It looked so... alien. Really stunning! 





Блузка з віскози, або Лемурійське озеро 



Є у мене звичка, чи точніше манія, шити нові блузки, коли їду на різні екскурсії. Згадаю тут блузки "Троянди & Палац", "Зелені Хутори" та сорочку "Подорож до Каньйону", топи "Просто сердечка", "Простий" або "Роза вітрів". Тиждень тому ми з подругою вирушили на Лемурійське озеро, яке тут всі називають Рожеве, в Херсонській області. Найбільшим сюрпризом стало те, що озеро справді рожеве! Крім того воно має певні лікувальні властивості і, як було згадано, користується більшою популярністю серед іноземців ніж серед нас, українців. Також маю зізнатися, що навколишня курортна територія облаштована набагато краще ніж я очікувала. Загалом, я звикла не очікувати багато від місць, які відвідую, тож просто не можу бути розчарованою нічим крім відсутності роботи кондиціонерів в наших автобусах коли на вулиці + 35 :-) Купання в озері виявилося дуже приємним. Також я була вражена навколишнім пейзажем наповненим вітряками, виглядало це якось... інонопланетно. Справді приголомшливо!




So the choice of the fabric was not random. Its print contains the colours I was going to see around me that day: blue for the sky and pink for the lake. 




Отже тканину було обрано невипадково. Її візерунок саме тих кольорах, які я збиралася бачити в той день навколо себе: блакитний для неба, а рожевий - для озера.




The pattern was chosen randomly. It had to be comparatively quick sewing and outfit should have defined features: the not very open blouse
 with sleeves and also long enough to wear with trousers. So the model #111 from Burda 6/2020 seemed to be ideal so I didn't look for anything else. 






Модель блузки було обрано випадково. Це мало бути порівняно швидке пошиття, а вбрання повинно було мати наступні риси: не дуже відкрита блузка з рукавами, до того ж достатньо довга щоб одягати зі штанами. Тому модель 111 з Burda 6/2020 здалася ідеальною і я вже більше нічого не шукала. 





As for the sewing at first I had an ambitions to change the way of the blouse processing as my fabric is half transparent so I wanted to hide the seams allowance of the placket and cuffs but then relaxed and followed the instructions and the result turned to be excellent. 




Щодо пошиття, спочатку у мене були наміри змінити спосіб обробки, оскільки тканина напів прозора тож мені хотілося сховати припуски на шви планки і манжет. Але потім я розслабилася, все зробила за інструкцією і отримала прекрасний результат.



After the Lake we went to Khorly village to have dinner and bathe into the sea. The history of the former village owner, told by the guide, was very interesting and tragic but I slept almost all the way so couldn't enjoy it. When coming back to Mykolaiv, we dropped in Kurin, a very picturesque place with pleasant atmosphere and tasty vine. Generally, the day was difficult, mainly because of the suffocating heat in the bus, but saturated with impressions and so unforgettable. 





Після озера ми попрямували до села Хорли, щоб пообідати і скупатися в морі. Історія колишнього власника села була дуже трагічною і цікавою, але майже весь шлях я проспала, тож не змогла нею насолодитися. Повертаючись до Миколаєва, ми заглянули до Куріню, дуже мальовничого місця з приємною атмосферою і смачним вином. В цілому день був важкий, переважно через задушливу спеку в автобусі, але насиченим враженнями, а отже, незабутнім.








The blouse completed its mission in full:-) 






Блузка свою місію виконала повністю:-)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful blouse Oksana! Lovely fabric and looks so comfy on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellen, so much for the compliments!!!

      Delete