About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

29 November 2020

Lvivski Rhombi Pendant/Brooch

 



The idea of the pendant was inspired by the piles of crocss-stitching magazines since I have a lot of them from the times of my crazy obsession  with that craft. After my decision to sew the dress (which I made later than thought, of course:-)) with the motif from one of the rushnyk (embroidered Ukrainian towel) I thought it would be really awesome to use such motifs to embroider with seed beads. In that moment the idea itself was the main motivation and the work started. I wish I had thought what I would do next after making the beaded motifs but it occurred to me only when the embroidery was ready:-) The name for the piece was taken from the name of that rushnyk as well.



My  Lviv album is here.


Кулон/Брошка "Львівські Ромбики" 



Ідею кулону надихнули купи журналів з вишивання хрестиком, багато яких у мене є з часів мого скаженого захоплення цим видом рукотворів. Після мого рішення пошити сукню (яку зробила, звісно, пізніше ніж вигадала:-)) з мотивом з одного з рушників я подумала, що було б чудово використовувати такі мотиви для вишивання бісером. В той момент саме ідея була головним рушієм до дії, тож робота розпочалася. Варто було б подумати одразу, що я далі робитиму з готовим мотивом, але це мені спало на думку лише коли вишивка була готова:-) Назву для мотиву взято також з назви рушника. 



Тут мій альбом "Львів".




The work went quickly despite I changed the colours of the seed beads few times. And when all three motifs were ready, I, at last, thought what to do next to use them for a jewellery piece. The process of thinking took much time as the first two vertical photos are dated by June 27, 2018 and the outcome is dated by today. In fact, I did the same job twice as not to unpick the work, I sewed the pieces on the felt and embroidered them once more on it together with the canvas. This work was long and not joyful. As it is not special canvas to be removed, I just cut it around the motifs as much as could.




Робота просувалася швидко, хоча я і міняла кольори бісеру декілька разів. І ось коли всі три мотиви були готові, я, нарешті, подумала, як їх використати, щоб отримати прикрасу. Процес обмірковування не був таким вже швидким, бо перші два вертикальні фото датовані 27 червня 2018 року, а результат - сьогоднішнім днем. Насправді, я зробила ту саму роботу двічі, оскільки, щоб не випарувати вишивку, нашила мотиви на фетр і вишила їх ще раз разом з канвою. Ця робота була довгою і безрадісною. Оскільки канва у мене тут не спеціальна, видалити її не вдалося, тож лише обрізала її по контуру мотивів як змогла.



The next steps are quick and usual for embroidered jewelry. The motifs were glued on the cardboard and cut.  I made and also glued hooks of wire (this idea is not mine, it was taken from the Internet) to make the motifs stay on the place when they became earrings and a pendant. 




Наступні кроки швидкі і звичні для вишитих прикрас. Мотиви було наклеєно на картон і вирізано. Також зробила і наклеїла гачки з дроту (ідея не моя, знайшла в Інтернеті), щоб мотиви залишалися на місці, коли стануть сережками і кулоном.





The ready pieces looked the jewellery in no way because of lack of volume. Fortunately, there were found 4 mm glass beads of the matching colour and I sewed them on the motifs. Then edges were sewed with seed beads. 




Готові мотиви жодним чином не нагадували прикрасу через відсутність об'єму. На щастя, знайшлися скляні намистини 4 мм відповідного кольору, які я і нашила на мотиви. Краї обшиті бісером.



The earrings are not ready yet because of different idea for the edges finishing. I hope its embodiment will happen quicker than in two years :-) 







Сережки ще не готові  через іншу ідею для обробки країв. Сподіваюся, її втілення трапиться швидше ніж за два роки:-)

2 comments: