About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

23 July 2019

Kaftan, or Scenery (Dress)





During last five years thanking to some kind of touristic boom I had more trips around Ukraine than during all my previous life. And I can  say definitely that, of course, Italian scenery is fabulous but our, Ukrainian one, is one of the best too :-) I live in a large city, that is located on the territory not big enough for it and not many people take care about its clean environment. So the concrete constructions and polluted air are my town's integral attributes. Despite that Mykolaiv is a green city with lined up with trees streets and a lot of private houses surrounded by orchards. But anyway I feel a lack of wandering around big parks or gardens. I don't mind admiring mountainous scenery or endless steppe,... that, in fact, doesn't look too picturesque now because of heat climate but its immense space is still there :-) In such moments memories and watching the photos from the visited places are quite helpful. Besides, one can sew a dress of loose silhouette to feel easy and free in it. Exactly as it feels while walking in those amazing places.



Каптан, або Краєвиди (Сукня)


За останні п'ять років, завдяки такому собі туристичному буму, я наїздила Україною більше ніж за все попереднє життя і можу точно сказати,  італійські краєвиди прекрасні, але наші, українські, теж задніх не пасуть :-) 

Я живу у великому місті, яке розташовано на замалій для нього території та і чистотою довкілля не так вже тут і переймаються. Тож, бетонні споруди і загазованість повітря - його невід'ємні атрибути. Не зважаючи на це, Миколаїв - зелене місто з вулицями обсадженими деревами та приватними будиночками з фруктовими садочками та квітами навколо. І все ж таки цього літа мені не вистачає прогулянок великими парками або садами. Я б не проти і помилуватися гірським пейзажем або безкрайнім степом... який, правда, вже вигорів на сонці і не так вже і мальовничо виглядає зараз, але ж його безмежний простір нікуди не подівся :-) В таких випадках виручають спогади та перегляд фотографій з відвіданих місць. А ще можна сукню пошити такого широкого крою, щоб почуватися в ній невимушено і вільно, так само як почуваєшся під час прогулянок всіма тими чудовими місцями.





The  dress #111 from Burda 6/2018 became my favourite in the issue at once and I wanted to make it of green linen because of all those mentioned above ideas and the fabric was prepared. But then I decided I wanted to decorate it with embroidery, that takes time, so the sewing was postponed to this summer. 

The jewellery matches the outfit indeed.






Сукня 111 з Burda 6/2018 одразу стала моєю улюбленицею і мені захотілося пошити її з зеленого льону саме через всі ті вищезгадані думки і тканину було підготовлено. Але потім я вирішила прикрасити її вишивкою, тож пошиття було відкладено на це літо, бо вишивка потребує часу.

Ці прикраси справді пасують до сукні.





The dress was not hard for sewing but requires some extra attention while stitching the pleats. They are easier to make if to press them at first.




Сукню шити було неважко, але стачування складок потребує додаткової уваги. Простіше це робити, якщо спочатку їх припрасувати.





The joining of detail 22 was confusing a little because with ready pleats it was a little wider than the length of the front edge so extra cut was needed to prolong the seam.




Пришивання деталі 22 трохи збентежило, бо із застроченим складками вона виявилася ширшою за край передньої частини. тож довелося зробити додаткову надсічку, щоб подовжити шов.




After that I cut and stitched the embroidered motifs





Після того я вирізала і настрочила вишиті мотиви.





The last step: hemming with, as we say here, "enveloped" corners. 




Останній крок - обробка низу "конвертиком".



No comments:

Post a Comment