About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

14 August 2020

Linen Jumpsuit

 

This year I suddenly wanted to make a jumpsuit. I have no idea why. Besides a slight chance I wore any of them in my childhood, my only experience of wearing this kind of garments dates back to my twenties when I was a little younger, a little bit more beautiful and surely much slimmer :-) I still can describe that chic and sassy model and the level of my confidence having it on but it is not actual and mentioned only to emphasize how far I was from this sewing idea last twenty years. None of the suggested in the magazines jumpsuits patterns  during several years drew my attention. The spark for choosing an item to sew is as important as for human relationships because when wearing self-made clothes the intuitive idea of self-expression becomes particularly topical. At least I can tell it about myself. When the desire to add a jumpsuit to my wardrobe became quite definite, and I understood I wanted a simple laconic model, I started looking for materials. On one of the days after opening the stores after strict quarantine I saw the fabric I'd love to use. It was beige viscose filled with silhouettes of butterflies whose wings were partly painted in different colours. But at that moment I wasn't ready to buy it so came back to the store about a month later but the butterflies, as my friend said, "flew away". The fabric was sold out and from this moment the story of another apparel starts but I'll tell it some other time. 😉 


Лляний комбінезон 


Цього року мені раптом захотілося пошити комбінезон. Не знаю чому. Крім дуже малої вірогідності, що я таке носила в дитинстві, мій єдиний досвід носіння цього виду одягу датується моїми двадцятими, коли я була трохи молодша, зовсім трохи гарніша і вже певно набагато стрункіша:-) Легко можу описати ту шикарну і зухвалу модель і рівень моєї самовпевненості, коли я його одягала, але це не має значення зараз і згадується лише для того, щоб наголосити, яка далека я була від цієї кравецької ідеї протягом останніх двадцяти років. Від журналу до журналу жодна з пропонованих моделей комбінезонів не привертала мою увагу. Коли обираєш фасони для пошиття, іскра так само важлива як і в людських стосунках, тому що коли носиш саморобний одяг, інтуїтивна думка про самовираження стає справді актуальною. Принаймні я таке можу сказати про себе. Визначившись з бажанням додати комбінезон до гардеробу і зрозумівши, що хочу просту лаконічну модель, почала шукати тканину. В один з днів по закінченні суворого карантину побачила гожий матеріал. Це була бежева віскоза заповнена силуетами метеликів, чиї крильця були частково розфарбовані різними кольорами. В той момент тканину  не купила і повернулася до крамниці десь за місяць, але метелики, як сказала моя подруга, "вже полетіли". Тканину розпродали і з цього моменту починається історія іншого виробу, яку розповім колись потім. 😉 





I wasn't upset very much and changed the conception quickly. It occurred to me that sewing mono-coloured item would give  much possibilities to wear plenty of 
 accessories: my jewelry or different scarves or whatever. Thus I chose linen of wonderful coffee with milk colour. 







Я не дуже засмутилася і швидко змінила концепцію. Мені спало на думку, що пошита з однокольорової тканини річ надасть можливість носити багато аксесуарів: мої прикраси, різні шарфи абощо. Тож вибір зупинився на льоні чудового кольору кави з молоком. 



The pattern is PDF Burda Style 6516A. As it happened before the pattern was bought because of models B and C but first I was inspired by A:-) 








Викрійка PDF Burda Style 6516A. Таке вже траплялося раніше, викрійку було куплено заради моделей B і С, але спочатку надихнулася на А:-) 


The sewing is quick: I am telling the story longer:-) It took 2.20 m x 140 cm of the  fabric and I have no remnants in fact (what I love a lot!). I refused from the pockets: the trousers are wide enough and made one size bigger purposely to endure any heat outside. The front of the bodice is the single detail, I only imitated the front centre seam. 





Пошиття швидке: історію розповідаю довше:-) Тканини пішло 2.20 m x 140 cm і зовсім не залишилося решток (як я це люблю!). Відмовилася від кишень: штани доволі об'ємні та ще зробила їх на розмір більше, щоб витримувати будь яку спеку. Передня частина ліфу - суцільнокрійна, шов посередині - лише імітація. 



The shoulder seams have a little gathering so baste them on the back and stitch on the front to avoid tiny pleats in the seam. 




Плечові шви мають невелику посадку, тому зметуємо зі сторони спинки, строчимо - по переду, щоб уникнути мікроскладок у шві.




The trousers back are being stretched along the inseam from the knee mark up to the crotch seam. 




Задні частини штанів витягують вздовж внутрішнього шва від мітки коліна вгору до зрізу банту.

The processing of the armholes. 

Before joining the bodice and the trousers, the trying on is obligatory to check the deepness/length of the crotch seam. The comfort of wearing depends on that. 






Обробка пройм. 

Перед тим як з'єднувати ліф і штани, примірка обов'язкова, щоб перевірити довжину/глибину середнього шва. Від цього залежить комфорт під час носіння комбінезону.



Stitching the loops. 





Пришивання шльовок. 



The most interesting - matching the
jewelry :-) From the beginning photo: 1. Colourful Memories necklace and earrings. 2. Peacock Feather Necklace and earrings. 3. Orange Mix Necklace and earrings. 4. Evening at the Seaside Necklace and earrings. 5. Sea Star Brooch. Something tells me I could match much more:-)






Найцікавіше - підбір прикрас:-) Починаючи з першого фото:1. Намисто  "Барвисті спогади" і  сережки. 2. Намисто "Перо павича" і сережки. 3. Намисто "Помаранчева суміш" і сережки. 4. Намисто "Вечір на узбережжі" і сережки. 5. Брошка "Морська зірка". Щось мені підказує, що можна було б підібрати набагато більше:-)

2 comments:

  1. Я увидела ваш пост на Burda facebook и зашла в ваш блог. Мне нравится твой комбинезон. Ваши ожерелья красиво смотрятся на однотонной ткани. Я уверена, что комбинезон был бы красивым на улетевшей ткани бабочки.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your interest and wonderful feedback. I am really happy to hear these words.
    Дякую за ваш інтерес і чудовий відгук. Я справді щаслива почути такі слова.
    Спасибо за прекрасний коментарий.Для меня в радость услишать такиє слова.

    ReplyDelete