About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

22 August 2021

Wrapped Godet Dress





Grey rainy day is a suitable time to plunge into reviving the best summer memories, looking through photo albums and writing a post about a new bright dress. (The fact that day happened on last Friday and the dress had been made two weeks before don't change the idea :-)) It is the third dress with tropical print I made during last years. I have a couple more pieces of such thematical pieces which definitely won't  be in use this year but I hope to tell about their fate some day. 


Сукня годе на запах 






Сірий дощовий день - самий відповідний час, щоб оживити найкращі літні спогади, переглянути фото альбоми і написати допис про нову яскраву сукню. (Той факт, що цей день був минулої п'ятниці, а сукню пошито ще два тижні до того, справи не міняє :-)) Це третя сукня з тропічним візерунком, яку я зробила за останні декілька років. У мене є ще пара таких тематичних відрізів, які цього року вже точно не знайдуть собі застосування, але про долю яких сподіваюся колись розповісти. 









My previous experience. 

Dress #131 Burda 10/2014

Dress #112 from Burda 9/2015

Dress PDF pattern Burda #6574A. 








Мій попередній досвід. 

Сукня 131 з Burda 10/2014

Сукня 112 з Burda 9/2015

Сукня викрійка PDF Burda 6574A.





The dress requires a lot of fabric. I had a piece 2.80 m x 140 cm and all the length was used. It also consists of a lot of details. Wrap dresses are one of my favourite and this one has a really good comfortable wrap of the bodice and  a deep but not good enough for windy weather wrap of the skirt. However it depends on  the wind direction :-) 





Сукня потребує багато тканини. У мене був відріз 2,80 м х 140 см і вся довжина пішла на пошиття. Також модель складається з багатьох деталей. Сукні на запах одні з моїх улюблених, і ця має гарний комфортний запах ліфу та глибокий, але недостатньо гарний для вітряної погоди запах спідниці. Проте, це залежить від того, звідки вітер дує:-) 



I have no special tips as I just followed the instruction. I recommend to pay attention that front edge probably has to be gathered a little to the length of the facing. The only thing I changed - made sleeves about 20-21 cm long.



Особливих порад немає, оскільки я все робила за інструкцією. Раджу звернути увагу на те, що, можливо доведеться трохи призібрати край борту до довжини обшивки. Єдине що змінила - зробила рукава приблизно довжиною 20-21 см. 



The bands are made differently. 





Вшиті паски робляться по різному. 


If to make some extra effort, the left belt can be sewed into side seam but I didn't do that, also followed the instruction and stitched it on the band.


 


Якщо докласти трохи додаткових зусиль, можна лівий відлітний пасок вшити в боковий шов, але я навіть цього не робила, за інструкцією настрочила його зверху.



The bright fabric and playful pattern of the dress let to complete the outfit with plenty of jewellery  to choose depending on mood. 


Яскрава тканина та грайлива модель сукні дозволяють доповнити вбрання великою кількістю прикрас на вибір залежно від настрою.  

No comments:

Post a Comment