About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 September 2021

Close Fitting Jersey Dress, or Universal Summer Garment



The dresses promised to be suitable for any summer occasion are often come across in the sewing magazines. The description of such a model usually includes something like the following "in the morning you can wear this garment with flip flops to the beach, in the afternoon put on trainers to go shopping or sightseeing, and at night complete the outfit with high heels to go out", in this context "go out" probably meant to eat out or visit a kind of summer outdoors party or promenade along the sea or whatever else. I always thought how it could feel comfortable in such clothes if after the beach and, more than that, during and after a summer excursion in hot weather, I want nothing but take a shower and change a dress because of being sweaty. Besides, what is even more meaningful, I prefer to wear  clothes according to their functions, it means, I don't wear a tracksuit wherever but a sportsground (generally, I have no tracksuit at all  and it means I don't do sports :-)). That's why, when I leave for a rest, my suitcase usually has as many outfits as many days I am going to spend at the destination or separate clothes for a beach, for strolling around and I also, as a rule, pack a garment to go out but in a couple days it losses its freshness as well because in those resort places it is very very hot. But when I made this new dress, the idea about its possible universal using suddenly crossed my mind. I am sure it would be good for a beach, undoubtedly awesome for sightseeing and it is absolutely suitable to go out at night, for example, to see a play on a summer stage of our theatre :-) 

Прилягаюча трикотажна сукня, 
або 
Універсальне літнє вбрання 

В журналах для тих хто шиє часто можна наткнутися на сукні, про які кажуть що вони підходять на будь яку літню нагоду. В описі подібної моделі зазвичай читаємо, що вранці її можна з в'єтнамками одягнути на пляж, вдень з кросівками вирушити по крамницях або на огляд визначних пам'яток, а на вечір така сукня саме те, що треба, щоб вийти в люди, якщо тільки одягнути шпильки. Я завжди думаю, наскільки комфортно в такому одязі, якщо після пляжу та, більш того, після літньої екскурсії в спеку, єдине, чого прагнеш - прийняти душ та перевдягнутися через тотальне спітніння. Крім того, і це навіть більш значимий фактор, мені подобається носити одяг відповідно його призначенню, мається на увазі, що спортивний костюм я одягаю лише на спортивний майданчик (до речі, у мене такого костюму немає, і це означає, що спортом я не займаюся:-)) Ось чому, коли їду відпочивати, в моїй валізі, як правило, стільки змін одягу, скільки днів я збираюся провести на місці призначення, або окремий одяг  для пляжу, окремий для прогулянок і  також я кладу окреме вбрання для "вийти в люди", але  воно все одно втрачає свіжість за вечір-два, адже в тих курортних місцях завжди дуже спекотно. Але коли я пошила цю сукню, думка про її універсальність таки промайнула в моїй голові. Впевнена, що і для пляжу вона згодиться, і для денної прогулянки, без сумніву, буде зручна, та і ввечері не підведе, наприклад, коли поїдеш подивитися п'єсу на літньому майданчику нашого театру:-) 







Burda Dress #6531B is implied to be close fitting. Mine isn't, maybe because the knits I used is very thin and stretches very well. But it is not bad. Some loose around waist and flare silhouette around hips let forget about underskirt for more esthetic look. The same dress model #113 from Burda 6/2021 but it has no sleeves. I bought PDF pattern earlier than the magazine was published so used it. 



Сукня Burda 6531B має бути дуже прилягаючою, але моя - ні. Можливо тому, що трикотаж, з якого її пошито, дуже тонкий і добре тягнеться. Але це непогано. Певна свобода по талії та кльошний силует навколо стегон дозволяють забути про спідню спідницю для більш естетичного вигляду. Таку саму сукню можна пошити за викрійкою моделі 113 з Burda 6/2021, але без рукавів. Я купила викрійку PDF раніше ніж вийшов журнал, тож скористалася нею. 


The hardest part of the sewing is to have enough jersey for work:-) I was lucky :-)

The armholes, neckholes and shoulder edges were reinforced with stripes of the interfacing. I cut stripes and pulled them a little not to tear. 




Найскладніше в пошитті цієї сукні - мати достатньо багато трикотажу, щоб її пошити:-) Мені пощастило:-) Краї пройм, вирізу і плечові зрізи зміцнила прокладкою Вирізала смужки і трохи їх розтягнула, щоб не порвати. 

At first I stitched the centre front seam down from draping, then gathered it, then stitched gathered part. It seemed to be easier to keep the gathering properly in this way. 

To overlock the gathered edge I prefer to baste it at first. In this way I get it neat.




Спочатку середній шов переду вниз від драпірування зшила, потім призібрала, потім зшила призібрану частину. Здалося, так легше контролювати зборку. 

Щоб обмітати призібраний припуск, я спочатку його зметую, так виходить охайно.




The sewing is quick enough, the outcome is awesome:-) A few sets of jewellery matched the garment, that time I chose Fleur-de-lis.



Пошиття швидке, результат - чудовий :-) До сукні пасували декілька наборів прикрас, того разу я надягала "Fleur-de-lis".

No comments:

Post a Comment