About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

26 November 2022

Asymmetric Pleats Dress

 

Having finished the work on this garment and looking at myself having it on in the mirror, I felt the kind of sincere girlish joy. The face as if lightened and shone with a smile, and at once I recalled my former traditional autumn funs in my calendar, purchasing summer fabrics in Idea huge sale (the biggest fabric store in our city) and a theatre season opening. Discounts for the precious meters of future projects mean the fabric haul bought mainly on the grounds of "want and like" instead of "why and how many else". These latter questions arouse only when coming back home with a colourful pile to embody your dreams, you try to cram at least a couple of pieces into the shelf, which has been overflowing for many years already, because under the polyethylene film on the floor the third row had appeared and after new addition of fabric the window will be covered up in a while. Thanking to such a last year sale I had this viscose staple that matched perfectly the dress #110 from Burda 9/2022. And despite this year sales are out of question, we are glad our stores are open in general, after all it will be OK with that, I yet visited a theatre. Equipped in the shelter a tiny audience hall continues treat our city's inhabitants souls with so necessary now art. In spite of whatever. So, all  at once everything happened :-) 


I didn't make any special jewellery, from what I have two pairs of earrings matched best of all, Uncertain Mood and Berries & Berries.




Сукня з асиметричними складками


Закінчивши роботу над сукнею і роздивляючись себе в ній в дзеркало, відчула якусь безпосередню дівчачу радість: обличчя наче прояснилося, засяяло посмішкою і одразу згадалися колишні традиційні осінні розваги в моєму календарі - скуповування літніх тканин під час скажених знижок в "Ідеї" і відкриття театрального сезону. Знижки на дорогоцінні метри майбутніх проектів - це купа відрізів куплених переважно за принципом "хочу і подобається", а питання "навіщо і скільки можна" якщо і виникають, то лише, коли повертаєшся додому з барвистим стосом для втілення мрій і намагаєшся втулити хоча б пару  відрізів на полицю шафи, в яку вже багато років нічого не влазить, бо на підлозі під плівкою вже пішов третій ряд і чергове поповнення тканин ось-ось почне затуляти вікно. Саме з такого минулорічного розпродажу лежав і цей штапель, який надзвичайно вдало поєднався з моделлю сукні 110 з Burda 9/2022. І хоча цього року про знижки не йдеться - радіємо, що крамниці взагалі працюють, але то таке - з часом налагодиться,  в театрі я того тижня побувала: обладнана в укритті сцена і маленька глядацька зала в одному з них продовжують лікувати душі містян таким необхідним зараз мистецтвом. Попри все. Тож, заразом, все склалося :-)


Спеціальні прикраси не робила, серед тих, які є - найліпше пасують до сукні дві пари сережок: "Непевний настрій" та "Ягоди та ягідки".


The feature creating the garments's style is those armhole figure plackets. Although they are recommended to be cut parallelly, I cut them symmetrically as they are not symmetrical either in length or width. So I though if I follow the magazine's arrangement, I can cut them for only one armhole. Even if I am not right, it is better to be certain not make a mistake here. 



Деталь, яка визначає стиль цього вбрання - це фігурні планки пройм. Хоча рекомендовано кроїти їх паралельно, покроїла їх симетрично, тому що вони не симетричні ані в довжину, ані по ширині. Тож я подумала, що при раскладці як в журналі, обидві деталі будуть на одну пройму. Навіть якщо я тут і неправа, в такому випадку краще перестрахуватися.



I don't think top stitching looks cheap or badly or whatever as it is popular to say now. Top stitching is separate skill that needs much practice to make that stitching "sing". Besides, I like it because I am always think how the clothes look after washing and how easy it is being ironed so mostly I top stitch my items but this time I made that by the facings of the details just because wanted that:-) 



Я не вважаю, що оздоблювальні шви виглядають дешево чи погано чи ще там якось, як зараз зараз вже неодноразово чула. Оздоблювальні строчки - це окремий вид навички і щоб така строчка "співала", треба дуже багато практикуватися. Крім того, мені це подобається, тому що я завжди думаю, як виглядатиме виріб після прання і наскільки легко його буде прасувати, тому переважно відстрочую мої вироби. Проте цього разу всі строчки проклала по нижніх деталях, просто так захотілося.






The cuffs processing is usual. 



Обробка манжетів звичайна. 




If autumn mood can be something else but melancholy, it is exactly the what I've got after making this dress. Love the result indeed! 



Якщо осінній настрій може бути ще якимось крім меланхолійного, то саме його я отримала, пошивши цю сукню. Справді в захваті від результату!

No comments:

Post a Comment