About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

26 December 2022

Decorative Belt Skirt

 

One day I suddenly wanted a new skirt and the model #116A from Burda 10/2022 (also PDF #5868) caught my eye, or maybe it happened vise-versa :-) The skirt has a simple shape and a gorgeous decorative belt which, actually, caused my choice. Besides, instead of one side seam, the garment has two side seams creating a kind of lampasse. This universal laconic shape is easy to modify, for example, my skirt is 10 cm longer than the original as this length is more comfortable for me to wear. Also I suppose as another variant, the side detail would look well in contrasting colour with other choice of fabric and the purpose of the item. The fabric for making this model must be quite stiff to keep the shape. I can't help saying that last several weeks were not the best time to sew because of constant outages but in the moments when the Internet didn't work and at the same time electricity was on, needlecraft turned out to be a good doing to be productive. 

To pair with the skirt I matched three different blouses: a green bow-tie (model #128 from Burda 10/2011, Burda Easy #6026 is the same), a creamy ruffled  model #102  from Burda 9/2010 and a red blouse #122 from Burda 10/2013 (a kind of Christmas tune:-)). When looking into the mirror, I liked all the variants in their way but now in the pictures the first combination seems to be the best. The matched jewellery are Festive Earrings and Tubular Net Necklace.


Спідниця з декоративним ремінцем


Одного дня мене раптом закортілося нової спідниці і я кинула оком на модель 116А з Burda 10/2022 (також PDF #5868). Можливо, це трапилося і навпаки :-) Спідниця має просту форму і дуже гарний декоративний ремінь, який і зумовив мій вибір. Крім того, замість одного бокового шва, спідниця має два, які створюють щось на зразок лампасу. У спідниці універсальний лаконічний крій, який легко модифікувати, наприклад, моя сідниця на десять см довша за оригінальну, тому що для мене така довжина комфортніша. Також, як ще один варіант, бокову деталь можна зробити контрастного кольору, за умови вибору іншої тканини та призначення спідниці. Тканина для цієї моделі має бути жорсткою, щоб тримала форму. Не можу оминути увагою те, що останні декілька тижнів були не кращим часом для рукотворів через постійні вимкнення електрики, але в ті моменти, коли не працював інтернет, а світло все ж таки вмикали, виявилося, що саме в пошитті можу бути доволі продуктивною. 

До спідниці підібрала три різні блузки: зелену з коміром-бантом (модель 128 з Burda 2011, також Burda Easy 6026), кремову зі шлярками (модель 102 з Burda 9/2010), та червону 122 з Burda 10/2013 (такий собі різдвяний мотив :-)) Поки дивилася в дзеркало, всі варіанти подобалися на свій лад, а зараз перша комбінація видається найкращою. Прикраси: Сітчастий джгут з наповнювачем та Святкові сережки





As soon as the buckle and the belt is ready, the rest of sewing takes no time. 





Щойно пряжка і ремінь готові, пошиття спідниці не займає багато часу


I already
 covered the buckle with fabric for one of my coats so this time it went quicker but the buckle a little narrower than it should meant to be. Buttons were covered when the skirt was ready. 




Я вже обтягувала пряжку тканиною для одного з моїх пальт, тож цього разу процес пришвидшився, але пряжка у мене трохи вужча ніж має бути. Ґудзики обтягнула, коли спідниця вже була готова. 




Loops to hang a skirt is mostly a must for me to make.






Петлі для того щоб повішати спідницю, для мене переважно обов'язкові до виконання. 











That's all in fact. Since yesterday morning I only put the skirt off when going to bed. I do like it :-) 


Осі і все. З учорашнього ранку спідницю знімала лише як лягала спати. Вона мені справді подобається :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment