About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

20 July 2023

Calla Lily Viscose Jersey Dress

 


The emergence of this dress, model #124 from Burda 4/2021, was caused by my mum's persuasion that this small piece of beautiful viscose jersey isn't meant to be either a top, or pullover. The fabric was bought few years ago on occasion just because they have a remnant about 1.20 m and thus sold it with a good discount. It is clear why it appealed to my mum so much, calla lilies are one of her favourite flowers which she grows so carefully in her garden. So it wasn't surprising to hear from her several times that I didn't need any T-shirts or tops, either sleeved or sleeveless but the dress of this fabric is a very right thing to make. The finished sewing proved my mum's proper choice. Besides, the garment turned to suit and fit her much better than me and both of us are delighted with that; I am happy because my limitless fabric stash decreased at least a little, and mum is  because her wardrobe got a dress made of the fabric she enjoyed a lot. Thus we had a moment of joy that are impossible to overestimate as they are so rare now but necessary more than ever.



Сукня з віскозного трикотажу "Калли"




Сукня ця, модель 124 з Burda 4/2021, з'явилася з тієї причини, що мама відмовила мене шити топ, чи то пуловер, з невеличкого відрізу красивого віскозного трикотажу, який я декілька років тому випадково купила через те, що у продажу його залишалося біля 1,20 м і мені його продали зі знижкою. Розумію, чому він мамі так сподобався, адже кали одні з її улюблених квітів, які вона дбайливо вирощує у своєму садочку. Тож нічого дивного не було в тому, що вона декілька разів повторила, що мені непотрібні жодні футболки хоч з рукавами хоч без, а ось сукня з цієї тканини буде саме то. По закінченню пошиття виявилося, що мама була права, але сукня, без сумніву, личить і пасує їй набагато більше і ми обидві  цим фактом задоволені: я тому що у мене на маленький відріз зменшилися невичерпні запаси тканин, а мама - тому що її гардероб поповнився вбранням з тканини, яка їй надзвичайно сподобалася. І так ми отримали рідкісну хвилину радості, які ми зараз цінуємо як ніколи. 


The choice of the model was obvious because of minimum fabric. The pattern has two side seams, slight shoulder draping, v-neck and slight draping of a one-piece collar but I had no chance to make so cut the shoulder seam even. The only remnants between two bodice details could be used for facing, back collar and a thin belt. Thin light jersey is quite dangerous fabric for sizes more than 40 so I cut the dress as wide as the fabric afforded. 



Вибір моделі був очевидним через мінімум тканини. Модель має два бокових шви, невеличке драпірування по плечових швах, виріз мисом та драпірування по цільнокроєному коміру, на яке у мене точно не вистачало тканини, тож я просто зрізала рівне плече. Єдиних залишків між двома деталями мало вистачити на обшивки, комір спинки та тоненький пасок. Тонкий світлий трикотаж небезпечна тканина для розмірів більших за 40, тож я покроїла сукню настільки широкою, наскільки дозволила тканина.





The shoulder seam is reinforced with a trim. 





Плечовий шов зміцнений тасьмою. 


As it was mentioned above, the back collar is a single piece with the front detail but I couldn't cut in that way so had to cut some details separately and sewed to the shoulders and back neckhole. 




Як вже вище згадувалося, комір по спинці цільнокроєний з деталлю переду, але я так не могла покроїти, тож довелося кроїти якісь окремі деталі і потім пришивати їх до плечових швів і горловини спинки. 




I love when people happy especially if I am involved in the process :-) 


Люблю, коли люди щасливі, особливо якщо і я причетна :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment