About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

12 July 2023

Water Melody Necklace

 


A quick beading project inspired by Facebook comment to my post about this dress. My colleague described it as melody of bulbs. I enjoyed this definition so much that during the evening strung this simple necklace. Obviously looking at the piece we see no bulbs, so I changed the name to Water Melody but it is the same idea, no doubt :-) 



Намисто "Мелодія води"


Швидкий проект з намистин натхненний коментарем на фейсбуці до цієї сукні. Моя колега описала його як "мелодію бульбашок". Мені так сподобалося це визначення, що протягом вечора нанизала це просте намисто. Очевидно, що бульбашок на ньому невидно, тож назву я змінила на "Мелодію води", але, без сумніву, ідея та сама :-) 


The necklace is made of blue glass beads 5 mm and 4 mm goldish. It took two 50 g packs of the blue (two hues) and less than a half 50 g pack of the goldish beads to string two threads, one is about 90 cm and another is about 110 cm. Real colours are on all the photos except with me :-) 

Necklaces strung of mono beads are quite stiff so when adding the clasp, the necklace must be twisted to have enough thread for that when the rope is being worn. 




Намисто нанизано з двох видів блакитних скляних намистин 5 мм та 4 мм золотистих. На дві низки, одна довжиною біля 90 см та інша біля 110 см, пішло дві упаковки по 50 г блакитних і менше половини однієї золотистих. Справжні кольори на всіх фото кім як зі мною :-) 

Намиста нанизані з моно намистин доволі жорсткі, тому перед тим як додавати застібку, треба намисто перекрутити, щоб залишилося достатньо дроту для цього, коли намисто буде носитися.

No comments:

Post a Comment