About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

11 July 2023

Crochet Raffia Boater Hat

 



I decided it's a right season to crochet a new summer hat and made this with a kit from Candy Yarn Store. First time I saw these kits, in which all the
necessary materials are included, on Facebook last year but then I wasn't sure if I have my head to wear any hat in general because of constant shelling. Fortunately, this summer there was no need to postpone the intention. Thus I ordered the kit and a skein of YarnArt Flowers yarn to make something, for instance, a top. The girls also have a video tutorial on YouTube which I actually used to crochet the hat. 




Капелюх канотьє гачком з рафії 



Вирішила я, що зараз саме пора року для плетіння нового капелюшку гачком і зробила це за допомогою набору від крамниці "Candy Yarn". Перший раз я побачила ці набори, в які входять всі необхідні матеріали, на Фейсбуці минулого року, але тоді через постійні обстріли я не була впевнена, чи у мене взагалі буде голова, щоб носити будь який капелюх. На щастя цього року не було необхідності відкладати наміри, тож я купила набір та ще один моток пряжі YarnArt Flowers сплести щось на кшталт, наприклад, топу. Також на YouTube у дівчат є відео майстер клас з плетіння капелюшка, яким я і скористалася. 





A Boater Hat is a good name but as I see comparing with my previous one, whatever I crochet, I get Mad Hatter Style :-) I don't mind as it suits me. The main advantage of this item is the material, raffia, which is made of palm tree leaves. The hat is light, airy, and absolutely comfortable so I am really happy with this accessory. 





Капелюшок канотьє звучить гарно, але, як я бачу порівнюючи з попереднім,  щоб я не плела, виходить стиль Божевільного Капелюшника :-) Я не проти оскільки мені це личить. Головною перевагою цього виробу є матеріал, рафія, який виготовляється з листя пальмових дерев. Капелюх легкий, повітряний і абсолютно зручний, тож я справді задоволена цим аксесуаром.

No comments:

Post a Comment