About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

3 October 2026

Border Print Chiffon Shirt Dress



Undoubtedly, the top from the previous post was an overture to the shirt dress which was born first and gave the idea of the set thanks to the leftover after the sewing:-) In our country this kind of clothing, a long buttoned to the waist or the hips shirt dress and so it is implied a skirt or trousers to be worn underneath, is called a chasuble. I was curious enough to look up the term and learned that, probably, only here we use it as, in fact, the name originates from a specific church clothing and nowadays, if it goes about a modern women garment, it is a kind of a poncho. I don't mind hearing an opinion from those who are good at these topics. It's really very interesting. It has nothing in common with my project either :-)


Шазюбль з шифону з купоном 


Без сумніву, топ з попереднього допису був увертюрою до сукні-сорочки, яка побачила світ першою і зародила  ідею комплекту завдяки залишкам після її пошиття :-) У нас такого типу сукні, з застібкою до талії чи до середини стегна, які передбачають що під низ одягатимуться чи то спідниці чи то штани, називають шазюблями. Допитливості моєї вистачило, щоб поцікавитися, звідки такий термін взявся, і, схоже на те, що так його називають лише в нашій частині світу, бо в перекладних термінах, для сучасного жіночого удягу, це максимум щось на кшталт пончо, бо має походження від специфічного церковного облачення. Це дуже цікаво, але до мого вбрання стосунку не має :-)




To sew this garment I use pattern #111 from Burda 2/2025. I changed nothing, followed the instructions. The only thing is worth mentioning, as I decided to make a top of the leftover from sewing the dress, I had to cut the stripes for loops and collars from fabric scraps. As for me, it is not a problem at all and didn't influence the outcome.





Для пошиття шазюблю я використала викрійку 111 з Burda 2/2025. Нічого не міняла, все за інструкцією. Єдине, оскільки я вирішила пошити з залишку тканини топ, кроїти рулики для петель та коміри довелося з, фактично, обрізків, але, як на мене, це не проблема взагалі і жодним чином не вплинуло на результат.




In the photos the dress is paired with cobalt blue trousers.




На фото шазюбль скомбіновано з кобальтово-синіми штанами.

No comments:

Post a Comment