About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

16 November 2015

From Pumpkin to Orange:-)

What a gloomy day is today... One of those when I think I will never see the sun again... Besides, it seems I've got a cold... So my magic skills are in great use right now. I wish I were able to disperse the clouds, stop the rain and calm the wind however to brighten this day to some degree is in my power entirely:-)
Shining seed beads and the most optimistic colour will be my great helpers in this deal. As for the latter, I mean sparkling orange.

 Від гарбуза до апельсина:-)

Який же ж сьогодні похмурий день... Один з тих, коли здається, що вже ніколи не побачу сонця... До того ж, схоже на те, що я застудилась... Отже мої магічні навички в нагоді зараз як ніколи. Шкода, що я не в змозі розігнати хмари, зупинити дощ та втихомирити вітер, але цілком в моїх силах  розфарбувати цей день. Блискучий бісер та найоптимістичніший колір стануть моїми помічниками в цій справі.
Що до останнього, маю на увазі - сяючий жовто-гарячий.


Starting this project I had no certain idea about the result I wanted.  My only wish was to make orange beaded beads. And the possible aim was something like this nice bracelet. I even found the video tutorial for making such beads. But obviously they were not meant to be my real purpose and I didn't like the result of my first try: too much bulging around the bead's holes and none of alternation of decreasing could make me to go on.




Починаючи цей проект, я не дуже замислювалась над кінцевою метою. Єдине, що я планувала - оплести помаранчевим бісером намистину. Одним з можливих варіантів для чого, був цей гарненький браслет. Я навіть знайшла відео МК по виготовленню таких намистин. Але не судилося. Вочевидь, такий варіант не був тим, чого мені справді хотілося, бо результат мені не сподобався і жодні мої зміни в МК не змусили продовжувати роботу.




So I decided to learn how to make the beaded bead in different way. I already made alike project Apple Blossom Earrings but used different technique for my beads. This time I followed this tutorial by our Ukrainian artist. I beaded 6 orange beads and the result was very pretty. It is not well-seen on the pictures but I used three kinds of different orange hues to get special sparkling.


Тому я вирішила навчитись оплітати намистини в якійсь інший спосіб. Я вже робила подібний елемент в цьому наборі Яблуневий Цвіт, але тоді користувалась іншою технікою. На цей раз свою намистину я виготовила по майстер-класу нашого українського дизайнера. Оплела 6 намистин і результат - просто чудовий. На фото не дуже добре видно, але я використала три різних жовто-гарячих відтінки, щоб отримати особливий блиск.


Then I thought about orange pumpkins on the ground with fading green and brown leaves and how their stems weave like lianas and headed to the spiral tutorials. The best match for the idea turned out to be Spiral Tubular Herringbone, by the way in the same playlist you can find how to end such stitching neatly.


Потім я подумала про яскраві гарбузики на городі, про їхнє коричнево-зелене зів'яле листя та про те, як  їхні  стебла плетуться наче ліани і спрямувала свою увагу на плетіння джгутів. Найкращим варіантом, що відповідав ідеї  видалася спіраль ндебелє, до речі в цьому ж плейлисті, можна знайти як охайно закінчити роботу над таким джгутом.


During assembling the necklace I used pretty unusual idea which occurred to me while I was watching this tutorial. Why not to use these filigree beads to make cups if they can be used as bezels?


Для зборки намиста я скористалася незвичною ідеєю, яка спала мені на думку поки я переглядала це відео. Якщо з таких намистин можна зробити основу для кулону, то чому б з них же не зробити "шапочки"?


Now all the elements are gathered. Time to assemble  and string. The only notion: the spiral is quite soft and draping so its smaller parts need some reinforcing with, e.g. plastic pipes, otherwise they won't keep the shape and will be waving.



Тепер всі елементи готові і можна нанизувати намисто на ювелірний дріт. Єдине зауваження - джгут м'який, тому, щоб його маленькі частини не драпувалися, а тримали форму, їх потрібно зміцнити, наприклад пластиковою трубочкою.



And the crown of the work is earrings... really, what the necklace is without the earrings. To match such a necklace the earrings mustn't be too big or long, just sparkling:-) I had two variants but chose the second one. 


Вінчають закінчення роботи - сережки... справді, що то за намисто, коли немає сережок. Для такого намиста підійдуть не дуже великі і довгі сережки, головне, щоб  мерехтіли:-) У мене було два варіанти, вибрала другий.

And here it is, my new set. Hmm... at the end of the work instead of pumpkins I thought about oranges already... but it doesn't the matter. I guess I deserve one or even two now:-)
P.S.: After some time the necklace was unpicked and the materials were used for this one.

Ну, ось мій новий набір... Маю зізнатись, наприкінці роботи я вже думала більше не про гарбузи, а про апельсини... але це не має значення. Думаю, я заслуговую на один чи, навіть, два:-)
P.S.:З часом намисто я розібрала, а деталі використала для іншої прикраси.

No comments:

Post a Comment