Розумна, гарна та вправна :-) Useful fun for needleworkers / Корисні розваги для рукотворниць
About Me
- Oksana Starzhynska
- My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!
16 November 2015
From Pumpkin to Orange Necklace :-)
What a gloomy day is today... One of those when I think I will never see the sun again... Besides, it seems I've got a cold... So my magic skills are in great use right now. I wish I were able to disperse the clouds, stop the rain and calm the wind however to brighten this day to some degree is in my power entirely:-)
Starting this project I had no certain idea about the result I wanted. My only wish was to make orange beaded beads. And the possible aim was something like this nice bracelet. I even found the video tutorial for making such beads. But obviously they were not meant to be my real purpose and I didn't like the result of my first try: too much bulging around the bead's holes and none of alternation of decreasing could make me to go on.
So I decided to learn how to make the beaded bead in different way. I already made alike project Apple Blossom Earrings but used different technique for my beads. This time I followed this tutorial by our Ukrainian artist. I beaded 6 orange beads and the result was very pretty. It is not well-seen on the pictures but I used three kinds of different orange hues to get special sparkling.
Then I thought about orange pumpkins on the ground with fading green and brown leaves and how their stems weave like lianas and headed to the spiral tutorials. The best match for the idea turned out to be Spiral Tubular Herringbone, by the way in the same playlist you can find how to end such stitching neatly.
During assembling the necklace I used pretty unusual idea which occurred to me while I was watching this tutorial. Why not to use these filigree beads to make cups if they can be used as bezels?
Now all the elements are gathered. Time to assemble and string. The only notion: the spiral is quite soft and draping so its smaller parts need some reinforcing with, e.g. plastic pipes, otherwise they won't keep the shape and will be waving.
And the crown of the work is earrings... really, what the necklace is without the earrings. To match such a necklace the earrings mustn't be too big or long, just sparkling:-) I had two variants but chose the second one.
And here it is, my new set. Hmm... at the end of the work instead of pumpkins I thought about oranges already... but it doesn't the matter. I guess I deserve one or even two now:-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment