About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

16 October 2017

Net Earrings, or Mix of Coincidences


As I don't earn for living with my crafts, this my activity is pretty much depends on inspiration. This project was inspired by the set of coincidences. First time I saw this pair of earrings probably on Pinterest and then thought that the idea to take a piece of national motif and recreate it with the help of seed beads is ingenious. I also had no doubt that the motif was Ukrainian. But, as I rarely save whatever on Pinterest without finding the initial source, I found the author and, first surprise, she turned out to be a Mexican. And how talented she is..., hardly there was any item, created by her, that I didn't like. The second wow, she is Klymkiw. Even without reading the article about her, I was sure there is somebody in her family with Ukrainian roots. Probably my wish to make these earrings was real because some time later on YouTube, that never sleeps, this tutorial appeared. That is a mix of coincidences that gave a nice result indeed.


Сітчасті сережки, або Суміш збігів


Оскільки я не заробляю на життя моїми рукотворами, ця моя діяльність доволі істотно залежить від натхнення. Цей проект надихнула серія збігів. Вперше я побачила ці сережки, мабуть на Pinterest і тоді подумала, що взяти частину національного мотиву і відтворити її за допомогою бісеру, надзвичайно винахідливо. У мене також не було сумнівів, що мотив український. Але, оскільки я дуже рідко щось зберігаю на Pinterest не віднайшовши першоджерела, я знайшла автора і, перший сюрприз, вона виявилася мексиканкою. І яка ж вона талановита..., навряд чи серед її робіт були такі, що мені не сподобалися. І тут ще одне "ого!", вона - Klymkiw. Навіть не читаючи статті про неї, я була впевнена, що в її родині є хтось з українським корінням. Мабуть бажання зробити такі сережки було справжнім, бо за деякий час на YouTube, який ніколи не спить, з'явився цей майстер клас. Ось тобі і суміш збігів, яка дала гарний результат.


The diamond part I beaded with fishing line, I thought it would forse the construction. My ready diamond motif is about 6 cm so I thought to make the fringe not longer than 3 cm.
To add the fringe I used beading thread.





Ромбову частину нанизала на лінь, подумала, що так буде краще тримати форму. У мене готовий мотив вийшов біля 6 см, тому китиці вирішила нанизувати не довші за 3 см.
Щоб додати китиці, використовувала бісерну нитку.





And here they are.  I exprerimented with different kinds of seed beads and must say that no transparent or shiny seed beads are good for this project. The pattern is well seen only with monochromic non-transparent seed beads. 





Ось таки вони. Експериментувала з різними видами бісеру і мушу сказати, що жодні блискучі чи прозорі бісерини не годяться. Візерунок добре видно лише на монохромних непрозорих бісеринах.



No comments:

Post a Comment