About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

29 October 2017

Tweed Trousers, or Breaking Superstitions



On Friday night I was watching some film and heard one of the characters declaring one of a common superstitions. The commenting voice remarked that if people are truly in somebody or in something, none of superstitions threatens their plans. In global sense it is the issue of believing or non-believing in whatever but in the ordinary life it just can concern a tradition or a token. For example, since my studying in a sewing school I acquired few superstitions typical for the tailoring.  Here are a couple of them: "if to cut an item of clothes in the evening, you will sew it very long" and "if not to remove all the basting thread from the ready apparel, you will remake it in some way". Probably there were some more but I remember these ones because they work every time! On the other hand, I can sew very very long outfits cut at any time of a day (or a week or a month) and the ready dress can be remade on many reasons. Such way of thinking caused my quick sewing of these pair of trousers. Why? Because I cut them in the evening and, to fight against the superstitions, sewed it at once. I only wonder if the this post will  be completed as quicker as possible or the token will play the trick and spread its force on my photos' arrangement... hmm...
All about the necklace is here.



Штанці з твіду, або Подолання забобонів




У вечір п'ятниці я дивилася якійсь фільм і почула як один з героїв озвучив один з поширених забобонів. На що голос за кадром завважив, що якщо люди і справді віддані комусь або чомусь, то жодні забобони їм не загроза. В глобальному сенсі це, звісно, питання віри - невіри у будь що, але в пересічному житті це може бути просто прикметою або даниною традиції. Наприклад, з часу мого навчання кравецький справі я засвоїла пару забобонів типових для цього заняття. Наприклад, "якщо кроїти речі ввечері, будеш шити їх дуже довго" або "якщо не видалити всі зметувальні нитки з готового виробу, будеш його переробляти". Мабуть були ще якійсь, але ці я добре запам'ятала, тому що вони щоразу спрацьовують! З іншого боку, я можу дуже дуже довго шити вбрання покроєне будь якої години дня (чи тижня чи місяця) і готовий одяг може вимагати переробок з багатьох причин. Отакі думки спричинили швидке пошиття цих штанів. Чому? Тому що я покроїла їх ввечері і, щоб подолати забобони, одразу пошила. Єдине мене цікавить, чи буде цей допис настільки ж швидко закінчений чи цього разу  прикмета пожартує і поширить свою силу на впорядкування моїх фото... гмм...


Все про намисто тут.




So the trousers #105B from Burda 10/2006. The easy pattern because it has neither band nor fly. The zipper is in the side seam so to sew the trousers takes not much time. Extra darts create nice fitting around the hips.
The chosen fabric - tweed with delicate shining finishing.


Отже штани 105B з Burda 10/2006. Модель проста тому що немає ані поясу ані ширінки. Блискавка вшивається в боковий шов тож на пошиття і справді витрачається небагато часу. Додаткові виточки створюють гарне облягання по стегнах.
Тканина для пошиття - твід з делікатним блиском.




I didn't change anything in the pattern as well as didn't added. My only piece of advice is to pull both of the trousers details along the knee' s part (wavy lines on the photo) before sewing. The steaming is very important in sewing trousers. And, as we are not professionals, it is the minimum that helps to get better fitting.


Нічого не міняла в моделі так само як і не додавала. Єдина порада - відтягнути обидві половинки штанів уздовж колінної частини (на фото - хвилясті лінії) перед пошиттям. Відпарювання - дуже важливе при пошитті штанів. І, оскільки ми не професіонали, цей мінімум допоможе отримати гарну посадку штанів.




And, as the trousers have one single piece band, I always stitch its facing along the waist line not to let it to turn out while wearing the outfit.


І, оскільки штани мають суцільнокрійний пояс, я завжди відстрочую його обшивку по лінії талії, щоб не виверталася під час носіння вбрання.

2 comments:

  1. Love this fabric! And the resulting trousers.
    Inspired, I'll go now cut out the pair I was planning for a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is the best thing to hear that my project is an inspiration for anybody:-) Thank you, Maria!

      Delete