About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

23 October 2017

Dolman Pullover, or Retro Circles

I don't know why I chose this second title for the post about my new sewing project. The essential idea of it has nothing in common with the circles. Instead it has much in common with sales, lack of time for knitting and simplicity.
So... I do buy fabrics mainly for the certain projects during last probably 7-10 years. But to buy right fabric one must have on mind the approximate wishing list of patterns. It is right and well-grounded thing to do especially when you don't need any clothes but can't but yield the temptation to make more because of your obsession with sewing. But when you see a piece of fabric, that very persuasively pretends to be warm, for about $3 you have enough reasons to buy it and the match will be found in that list any way, won't it?
I do like knitting and it is a right time to do that and I even started a new project a little more than a week ago but since then it moved for 6 cm... And if there is a chance to make a new pullover only for few hours, any compromise with other hobbies is possible, isn't it?
For such a fabric's pattern simplicity of the model is a must. To make extra constructive lines on such materials is just to waste time and spoil the fabric pattern.
This is what can be called three-in-one project :-)



Пуловер доломан, або Ретро кола


Не знаю чому я обрала таку другу назву для допису про мій новий кравецький проект. Його головна ідея не має нічого спільного з колами. Натомість у цього пуловера дуже багато спільного з розпродажем, браком часу на плетіння і простотою.

Отже... Я і справді останні 7-10 років купую тканини лише під певні проекти. Але щоб купувати тканини, треба тримати в пам'яті  хоч якійсь приблизний перелік речей, які хочеться пошити. Це дуже правильний і обґрунтований погляд на справу особливо коли тобі жодний одяг не потрібен, а ти не можеш не поступатися бажанню шити більше тому, що схиблений на пошитті. Але коли ти бачиш відріз тканини, яка дуже переконливо прикидається теплою,  за якісь 90 гривень, то тут достатньо причин щоб її купити. В списку ж завжди знайдеться щось годяще, чи не так?
Я справді люблю плести і зараз якраз саме час для цього і я навіть набрала петлі на новий светр трохи більше тижня тому, але з того часу робота просунулася на 6 см... А якщо є можливість зробити новий пуловер всього за декілька годин, то з іншими хобі завжди можна домовитися, я ж права?
Для такої тканини простий фасон - необхідність. Робити додаткові конструктивні лінії на подібних матеріалах - марнування часу і псування візерунку тканини.
Ось це називається виріб "три-в-одному":-)




Only while working on the top I thought that the fabric's pattern reminds me something from my childhood. The dress my mum sewed for me when I was 7 years old...  The evolution of the print:-) I still have the patch... And I always say I am not sentimental...

Лише коли вже працювала над виробом, подумала, що візерунок тканини щось мені нагадує знайоме з дитинства: сукню, яку мені мама пошила, коли мені було 7 років... Така собі еволюція візерунку:-) І у мене все ще є клаптик тієї тканини...А я завжди кажу, що я не сентиментальна...




As the pattern is simple, there are just few details to mention. The pattern 0001 from Burda Special issue Classic 2013.
It can be worn as a top, blouse or pullover depending on the used fabrics. Mine is made from a little fluffy knits.
I shortened it for 3 cm and decreased the front neck hole for about 4-5 cm.


Оскільки модель проста, то варто зупинитися всього на декількох деталях. Модель 0001 з Burda Special issue Classic 2013.
Можна носити як топ, блузку або пуловер залежно від використаної тканини. Мій пошито з трохи пухнастого трикотажу.
Я вкоротила модель на 3 см і зменшила виріз горловини переду на 4-5 см.




To process the neck hole I cut the facing: for the back at once, for the front after sewed the upper part and tried it on to check if my head goes through the hole.





Для обробки горловини викроїла обшивку: для спинки одразу, а для передньої частини після того як зшила верхню частину і приміряла, щоб перевірити чи пролазить у мене голова через виріз.





If the fabric is pretty thick, after stitching the facing to the bodice it is worth pressing the seam allowance open to make the seam thinner. It will look neater when the item is ready.



Якщо тканина доволі товста, після настрочування обшивки до основної частини варто розпрасувати припуски на шов, щоб зробити їх тоншими. Виглядатиме охайніше в готовому вигляді.





Thanking to the fabric and the design the pullover is easy to combine with whatever to make any style outfits according to the mood and necessity.
All about the white blouse is herethe necklace is herethe brooch - herethe scarf is herethe trousers - herethe stripy, #113 from Burda 8/2001, and the corduroy, #124 from Burda 9/2008, skirts were sewed long ago.



Завдяки тканині та фасону пуловер легко комбінувати з чим завгодно та створювати вбрання відповідно до настрою та необхідності. Все про білу блузку тутпро намисто - тут, про брошку тутшарф - тут, штани - тутсмугаста, №113 з Burda 8/2001, і вельветова, №124 з Burda 9/2008, спідниці пошиті давним-давно.

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about lack of time, I'm there now :D
    I like your pullover. It's simple yet pretty with a nice retro touch because of the fabric :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... lack of time and lack of hands...:-)
      Thank you very much!

      Delete