About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

13 January 2019

Green V-neck Dress, or I and New Year's Tree :-)




Here, in Ukraine, we live using Gregorian calendar exactly like the rest of the world, but our religious holidays are celebrated by the old, Julian calendar. So our Christmas is on January 7. I  support  the idea to celebrate Christmas on December 25 and, since 2017, we have a day off on this date to respect those who keep to the new calendar all the year round because of their religious beliefs. But as for me personally, I started an own tradition for the day many years ago. I try to put the New Year Tree on December 25 or on the eve and hold a small party for the closest relatives who help either buy and bring the tree to my house or decorate it or just like to spend time together to feel the festive spirit and enjoy the first Christmas lights of the season :-)
This year my New Year Tree inspired me so much that I even dedicated it a dress. I've been wearing it during all the events of the holiday circle and, as we are still in the season up to January 19, hope to find the reason to wear it more :-)


Two sets of jewellery, Klimt's and Angel's, are matched to the dress.




Зелена сукня з вирізом мисом, або Я і Новорічна ялинка :-)


Я є великою прихильницею святкування Різдва з усім світом відповідно до Григоріанського календаря 25 грудня, тому була дуже рада, коли ми отримали вихідний день на цю дату. Але і без того я давно започаткувала традицію відзначати цей день. У нас дома це -  свято встановлення ялинки :-) Назва говорить сама за себе: або 25 грудня або в переддень я намагаюся поставити новорічну ялинку та влаштовую таку собі міні-вечірку для найближчих родичів, хто або допомагає ту ялинку чи то купити чи дотягти до мене додому, встановити та прикрасити, або просто полюбляє проводити час разом, щоб відчути святковий настрій та порадіти першим різдвяним вогникам цієї яскравої пори :-)

Моя цьогорічна ялинка настільки мене потішила, що я навіть присвятила їй сукню. Я вдягала її на всі події святкового кола і, оскільки ми все ще в ньому, сподіваюся на нагоду вбратися в неї знову:-)

Два набори прикрас, Клімта та Янгола, добре пасують до сукні.



I like a quick choice of the pattern and quick sewing, why it happens I have no idea but sometimes I as if "catch the tailor's wave" :-)

This time it was going on in this way. I bought Burda 1/2019 before me and my friend took a train to go on excursion to Kyiv. In the train I was looking through the magazine, saw the pattern #114 and in two days after coming back home the dress was ready.




Мені подобається швидкий вибір і швидке пошиття моделі, чому це трапляється не так часто, для мене справжня загадка, але іноді я наче ловлю "кравецьку хвилю" :-) Цього разу все відбувалося так: я купила Burda 1/2019 перед тим як ми з подругою сіли у потяг, щоб вирушити на екскурсію до Києва, у потязі я переглянула журнал, обрала модель 114 і за два дні після повернення сукня була готова.




The design of the dress is simple and is flattering for any size and type of figure. I simplified it even more. Firstly, because of my fabric which is quite thick and dense jersey so any extra thickness in the centre front wouldn't be good for the outfit, secondly, because I did need quick sewing and, thirdly, the mentioned above sets of jewellery were meant to match the dress (or, to be exact, to the outfit that had to be made of this fabric!) so any other decor was not necessary.

That's why I just stitched the centre front seam and processed the neckhole with the facings.



Крій сукні простий і прикрасить фігуру будь якого розміру та типу. Я спростила його ще більше. По-перше, через тканину, яка є товстим щільним трикотажем, тож зайва товщина по центру переду була б не доречна; по-друге, мені і справді потрібно було пошити її дуже швидко; і, по-третє, вище згадані прикраси були задумані і виготовлені саме для цієї сукні (тобто, до сукні, яка мала бути пошитою з цієї тканини!) і жодного іншого декору вже не потребувала.
Тому я просто застрочила центральний передній шов, а горловину обробила обшивками.




As for the elastic band, right because of the fabric's thickness, I decided to use the back seam as a pipe. In this way, it looks neater and it is possible to regulate the gathering of the back to the desirable width and the level of the fitting.



Щодо еластичної стрічки, то саме через товщину тканини я вирішила використати шов спинки як кулиску. Таким чином це виглядає охайніше, до того ж можна відрегулювати призбирання до потрібної ширини та прилягання до бажаного рівня. 

2 comments:

  1. Elegant and fashionable dress. Thank you for sharing your holiday tradition!
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete