About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

21 January 2019

Poinsettia Scarf (Crochet)




The scarf is not new but, as it is as symbolic as any other Christmas feature for me, I decided to write a couple of words about it. The reason is simple. The last day of Christmas, which is on January 19 here, promised to be full of fun. I was invited to celebrate it with my friends who do bathe into the winter river on this day. It is a tradition connected with the Baptism of Jesus which is called here Vodokhreshche or Jordan (after the name of the River). Despite I am pretty old I have never taken part in that so would join the company with pleasure at least as a spectator:-) But I got a cold and had to stay at home so, to entertain myself, decided to devote a post to this Poinsettia scarf which I wear during all the festive month from December 19 to January 19. 

On the photo the scarf is paired with the green dress from the previous post.




Шарф "Пуансетія" (гачком)


Шарф не новий, але, оскільки для мене є такою самою ознакою Різдва як і будь який інший його символ, я вирішила написати про нього пару слів. Причина проста. Водохреще цього року обіцяло бути веселим. Перший раз мене запросили відсвяткувати його з друзями, які справді в цей день купаються у зимовій річці. Хоча мені і багато років, я таке бачила лише в телевізорі, тож із задоволенням приєдналася б до товариства хоча б у якості глядача:-) Але я дуже застудилася і мала залишитися вдома, тож, щоб розважити себе і вирішила присвятити допис цьому шарфові, з такою гарною назвою "Пуансетія", який я надягаю весь святковий місяць з 19 грудня до 19 січня. 

На фото шарф доповнює зелену сукню з попереднього допису.

The scarf was crocheted many years ago, to be exact seven... Oh!... I knew it because on the Ravelry all the projects are dated. Its age only says about its quality because the scarf still looks beautiful, attracts attention and makes the spirit bright:-) The pattern from Kim Guzman can be taken here now.

The scarf looks very festive and decorative indeed but it is not so warm as it wish to be. So to protect the neck from cold, it is desirable to wear some turtle neck sweater under the coat, then the scarf will be good to wear not only with a dress:-)




Шарф сплетений багато років тому... сім... Ого!... це точно... Я це знаю, тому що на Ravelry всі роботи датовані. Його вік промовляє на його користь та про його якість, тому що шарф все ще привертає увагу та підтримує святковий настрій:-) Зараз цю модель від Kim Guzman можна загрузити звідси. Шарф насправді виглядає дуже нарядно і святково, але він не такий теплий як хотілося б. Тому, щоб захистити шию від холоду, бажано вдягати светр з коміром гольф під пальто, тоді шарф можна надягати не лише із сукнею:-)





While crocheting I made some changes. Firstly, I remember that I was excited with the work that made 12 motifs so my scarf is longer than the sample pattern. Secondly, let me quote from my Ravelry profile, I added an extra row that "made the square look neater: sc in every stitch of the last row and 5 sc in every corner tr. Besides, I also crocheted the edging: began with 4ch in the corner dtr, 1dc in the first loop of the chain, skip two sc of the last row, repeat". And, thirdly, I had no idea about the beading in those times and it cohfused me so my scarf has no beads inside the centre of the flowers. 





Поки я його плела, трохи змін додалося. По-перше, мене це тоді так захопило, що я сплела 12 мотивів, тому мій шарф довший ніж у зразку. По-друге, процитую з мого допису на Ravelry, "я додала ряд, завдяки чому квадрат виглядає охайніше: сбн в кожний ст останнього ряду і 5 сбн в кожний куток з стз1н. Крім того, шарф я обв'язала по краю: почала з 4 петель ланцюжку в кутовий стз2н, 1 стз1н в першу петлю ланцюжка, пропустити 2 стбн останнього ряду, повторити". І, по-третє, в ті часи я нічого не знала про бісероплетіння, воно мене бентежило, тому мій шарф не має бісерин в середині квіток.



These were very nice holidays. I guess I am ready to start dreaming about the next :-)


Ці свята були справді гарними... Думаю, я вже готова мріяти про наступні :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment