About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

8 January 2019

Klimt's Earrings


The best and correct name for these earrings would be "Me and Christmas" because they were beading between baking my traditional Christmas pie, cleaning the snow, cooking, the Holy night dinner and watching the set of favourite festive films. But I decided to save the name from the necklace as without it, hardly I would make the earrings and refresh my knowledge about the artist's life and work. And the latter provoked appearing the thoughts about seeing his pictures in Vienna's museums... It is never early to think over future travelling, isn't it?:-)


Сережки Клімта



Найкращою і правильною назвою для цих сережок була б "Я і Різдво", тому що їхнє плетіння відбувалося між випіканням мого традиційного різдвяного пирога, прибиранням снігу, приготуванням їжі, святковою вечерею у переддень Різдва та переглядом улюблених різдвяних фільмів. Але я все ж таки вирішила зберегти назву від намиста, оскільки без нього навряд чи сплела б ці сережки і освіжила свої знання про життя та творчість художника. А останнє, в свою чергу, спровокувало появу думок про бажання побачити його картини у Віденських музеях... Ніколи ж не рано замислитися про майбутні подорожі :-)


The idea of the earrings is simple. I took two elements of the necklace and joined them together. The pentagon bezels were made by the pattern but as for the baguette, it was not so easy. Instead of bezelling it in the setting, I embroidered it, in an ordinary way. For example, as I did it here.



Ідея сережок - проста. Я взяла два елементи намиста і з'єднала їх разом. П'ятикутні обплетення зроблені за зразком намиста, але з багетом все було не так просто. Замість обплітати його в оправі, я його вишила, в звичайній техніці. Як, наприклад, я це робила тут.

No comments:

Post a Comment