About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 January 2019

Klimt's Collar Necklace



I see the number of my posts is decreasing year after year... And how could it be in different way if to choose for beading such complex items like this new necklace that took me not less than a month and a half to make? And moreover, without this winter holidays break, I suspect,  I would bead it as long more or even longer :-) I cannot say exactly what attracted me in this necklace mostly either the name of Klimt or the original design of the piece but I had a firm intention to make this necklace from the fist sight. The work turned out to be unexpectedly troubling and now, when it's finished, I have a couple ideas about changing the way of beading of some details but I cannot but be happy with the outcome anyway!



Намисто "Комірець Клімта"



Бачу кількість моїх дописів зменшується рік за роком... А як ще може бути, якщо обирати для роботи такі складні речі як це нове намисто, на відтворення якого у мене пішло не менше як місяця півтора? І, більш того, маю підозри, що без цього зимового передиху на свята, я б його плела ще стільки ж або і довше:-) Не можу напевно сказати, що найбільше привабило мене у цьому намисті чи то прізвище художника в назві чи оригінальний дизайн, але з першого погляду у мене з'явилося непохитне бажання його зробити. Робота виявилася несподівано клопіткою і зараз, коли її вже закінчено, маю пару ідей, як можна було б змінити способи плетіння деяких деталей, але, як би там не було, результат не може мене не радувати!



So, the model Klimt's Collar by Jill Devon from Beadwork Feb/March 2012. It has many elements. While making the necklace, I followed the instruction but in my case it would be better to take rivoli 14 mm, the bezels are big enough, maybe because I used 11/0 Toho seed beads.



Отже модель Klimt's Collar від Jill Devon з Beadwork Feb/March 2012.  Вона має багато елементів. Поки плела, все робила за інструкцією, але, для мого випадку, можу сказати, ріволі можна було взяти 14 мм, обплетка достатньо велика, можливо тому що я використала 11/0 бісер Toho.




Making the centre ring made me a little upset at first. It ruffled as crazy up to the moment of joining the sides. Besides, last rows were so dense that I broke two needles while finishing the element.



Мене спочатку трохи засмутило виготовлення центрального кільця . Воно перекручувалося як скажене до останнього моменту з'єднання сторін. Крім того, останні ряди біли настільки щільними, що, поки закінчувала елемент, зламала дві голки.




Making the segments also had some specific moments. Right while making these details, the note about the importance of the tension became very actual. Because all first three beaded segments turned to be of different sizes... because of tension of the last four rows. Not to waste time for matching the tension, I remade the ready details, and, while finishing the segments to control the tension, just pinned them to the board.



Виготовлення сегментів теж мало свої специфічні моменти. Саме для виготовлення цих деталей зауваження щодо щільності плетіння стало дуже важливим. Тому що всі три перших сплетених сегменти виявилася різного розміру саме через щільність плетіння останніх чотирьох рядів. Щоб не марнувати час на добирання щільності, я переробила вже готові деталі і, в процесі закінчення плетіння, просто пришпилювала їх до дошки.





Bezelling the baguette differs pretty notably in my necklace. Firstly, mine is less in size so I started with 36 seed beads. And secondly, after making the peyote "belt", I sewed it to its setting and only then finished the bezelling. 




Обплетення ріволі в моєму намисті відрізняється доволі суттєво. По-перше, мій елемент менший і я почала з 36 бісерин. По-друге, після виготовлення "паску" пейотом, я його спочатку пришила до оправи і вже потім закінчувала обплетення. 



And the last step, sewing, took me several hours a day for few days. Probably because I used 11/0 seed beads of one kind, the segments were not curved enough to make a circle so, while sewing, I changed the spots of connection of the pentagon rings and, while sewing, pulled the last rows of the segments a little more to adjust the necklace's shape to wear it.





На останній крок, зшивання, у мене пішло по декілька годин на день протягом декількох днів. Можливо через те, що весь бісер 11/0 у мене однаковий, сегменти не мали достатньо вигнутої форми, щоб утворити коло. Тому довелося змінити місця з'єднання п'ятикутних кілець та, в процесі зшивання, стягнути останні ряди сегментів, щоб пристосувати форму намиста для носіння.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such an intense work. "Less is More"
    May you have a most inspired 2019!
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! To get such a compliment from you is an honour for me! Stay inspired in 2019, too:-)

      Delete