About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

5 May 2019

Sheath Dress, or Easter Classics



I mostly try to find some reasons to sew whatever and festivals are one of the best deadlines. My mom used to tell me that, in her childhood, despite hard life at those times, in her family new clothes for Easter celebration had been a must. I believe it is a good tradition and by my age I had spread it to the rest of the holidays as well :-) This year I had no plan to sew something special for Easter celebration but after baking paskas (traditional Easter bread) and painting the eggs I suddenly understood that I still had time for sewing. The fabric and pattern were matched in autumn and waited for their right hour. I have few such pairs in my stash: this one seemed to be simple and quick to make. My mom's tulips were in full blossom at that moment so I was inspired by the bright colours which always associate with full flourishing life what is, in my opinion, coincides with the idea of the feast:-)



Ideal accessories are Twilight Earrings and Shaped CRAW Bracelet


Сукня футляр, або Великодня класика



Переважно я намагаюся знайти причину, щоб щось пошити і одні з найкращих мотиваторів це, звісно, свята. Колись мама казала, що в часи її дитинства, незважаючи на тодішнє важке життя, новий одяг на Великдень в її родині був обов'язковим. Як на мене, чудова традиція, тож, до мого віку, я її поширила на весь святковий календар:-) Цього року я не планувала шити щось спеціально до Великодня, але після того, як паски були напечені, а яйця пофарбовані, раптом з'ясувалося, що у мене ще і на пошиття час залишився. Модель і тканина були підібрані ще восени і чекали на свій зірковий момент. У мене таких пар у мене в запасі декілька: ця видалася простою  і швидкою для пошиття. На той момент тюльпани заполонили своєю красою весь мамин садочок, тож їхні яскраві кольори, які завжди асоціюються з розквітом і повнотою життя, що, на мою думку, якнайкраще відповідає ідеї свята, надихнули мене саме на цей вибір.


Ідеальні доповнення сережки "Таємниця сутінків" та Об'ємний браслет в техніці CRAW.




So the dress #113 from Burda 10/2018. Having in mind its fitting, it was predictable to be made :-) The fabric is dense but well draping stretch of rayon and p/a blend, maybe there was some more fibres but I don't remember. The colour speaks for itself, it has irresisitable power to attract attention and wish to wear it:-)





Отже сукня 113 з Burda 10/2018. Якщо взяти до уваги її прилягання стає очевидним невідворотність її пошиття :-) Тканина - щільний стреч з суміші віскози та п/е, якій гарно драпується, може там ще було якесь волокно, але я не пам'ятаю. Колір говорить сам за себе, він має непереборну владу привертати увагу та бажання його носити :-)









Actually, I didn't make it right to Easter day, I started on the eve but finished on Monday after the holiday. On Easter Day I went to the cinema with my cousin's family, then we had dinner outdoors in my parents house's yard so I wore jeans, a shirt and a coat. And these nice photos were taken by my cousin in two days after that :-)





Насправді, я його не пошила саме на Великдень, почала напередодні, але закінчувала вже в понеділок після свята. На Великдень я ходила в кіно з родиною моєї сестри, а потім на подвір'ї будинку моїх батьків у нас був святковий обід, тож я вдягнула джинси, сорочку і плащ. А ці гарні фото сестра зробила вже за два дні по тому :-) 




The sewing itself was almost entirely by the instruction. I only sewed the zipper not right from the neck hole but a little lower. Besides, I topstitched the facing in the part of the neckhole pleat on the wrong side, the rest of neckhole on the right side.


Саме пошиття було майже цілком за інструкцією. Я лише втачала блискавку трохи нижче вирізу горловини. Крім того, відстрочила обшивку горловини по стороні обшивки на частині складки, решту - по лицевій стороні.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Oksana:

    Beautiful color. Happy Spring!
    -Eva Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Happy spring to you, too:-)

    ReplyDelete