About Me

My photo
My blog's main subjects are sewing, the thing in which I am experienced the most, and beadwork, which is, in fact, pushed me into blogging. I am also engaged in knitting and crocheting. All together they are the set of skills which I use to make my wardrobe my whole life. These are not my only interests, I also like the English language (that's one of the reasons that my blog is bilingual), try to travel around my country and abroad (when can afford it), am interested in art (to the degree of a dilettante but nevertheless) and adore the people who can create anything beautiful or useful whatever it is :-) So welcome to a needlecrafter diary!

22 July 2019

Hibiscus Necklace



If put some project aside, it can stay unfinished indefinite time so to avoid it and having on mind some ideas, last few days I spent for making this Hibiscus Necklace. The necklace consists of three parts: the flower itself (the details are here), an open shape frame as a base for a pendant and a herringbone rope. The extra bonus - I bought nothing to make this necklace because used only the materials from my stash. And it is good because when the stash is becoming emptier, it means some day I can indulge myself in making it full with something new :-)




Намисто "Гібіскус" 


Якщо відкласти якійсь проект на потім, він може залишатися незавершеним невизначений час, тож, щоб цьому запобігти і маючи декілька ідей, останні декілька днів я витратила на виготовлення цього намиста. Воно складається з трьох елементів: самої квітки (докладніше про неї тут), рамки-трапеції як основи для кулону і джгута ндебеле. Додатковий бонус - нічого не купувала для роботи, скористалася тим, що було в запасах. І це добре, бо якщо запаси чогось закінчуються, одного дня можна буде дозволити собі їх трохи поповнити :-)


At first I made a pendant. Since I beaded my first open shape, I had some practice to make them, in the blog the projects are labelled as "geometry". I chose trapezium form to try new variant. The common idea of the beading them is, for example, hereThen sewed the flower to the frame. 



Спочатку зробила кулон. З того часу як я нанизала мою першу відкриту форму, у мене ще були можливості тренуватися., у блозі такі проекти ідуть під тегом (міткою) "geometry". Вибрала форму трапеції, щоб спробувати новий варіант. Загальне уявлення про таке плетіння можна знайти, наприклад, тут.




Then I beaded a new for me type of a herringbone rope from Leslee Frumin tutorial. Its pattern you can find free here. I am planning to add one more rope but in the colours of the flower.



Потім сплела новий для мене тип джгута ндебеле з майстер класу Leslee Frumin. Його модель можна безкоштовно взяти тут. Збираюся додати ще одну стрічку такого джгута, але в кольорах квітки.

No comments:

Post a Comment